300 GR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Madtiger

Mini-Doug
Threads

The most significant change between the GR Sport and the other trim levels is the addition of Toyota's "Electronic-Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System" or E-KDSS, which independently controls the Land Cruiser's front and rear stabilizers. E-KDSS can fine-tune those stabilizers to make the Land Cruiser handle significantly better both on-road and off-road. The GR Sport also gets Toyota's Adaptive Variable Suspension system and the longest-travel shocks of any Land Cruiser ever made.

Other GR Sport-specific changes include standard locking front and rear differentials as well as a bespoke front and rear bumper design that Toyota claims will be much more durable in off-road situations.

:)

5D9D955B-BE34-4E9C-A068-04888F7A420B.jpeg

GR sport comes with 3 diff locks

I don’t care much for the look of the other 300 series trims. But I have to admit the GR sport looks pretty cool. Awesome that it has locking diffs.

Seriously…would it kill Toyota to make the 3 diff lock buttons in the SAME damn area?! And make them highly visible to show off…like G-wagen.

Seriously…would it kill Toyota to make the 3 diff lock buttons in the SAME damn area?! And make them highly visible to show off…like G-wagen.
The thing is not all grades have 3 lockers. Whereas every G model has 3 standard diff locks so they can place it high and centre on their panel. Placing them together and showing off is going to kill Toyota, imagine a ZX grade LC(top spec,only centre diff std) having 2 blanks right in front of you!!! And nobody buys LC to show off, but rather to stay unnoticed !

The thing is not all grades have 3 lockers. Whereas every G model has 3 standard diff locks so they can place it high and centre on their panel. Placing them together and showing off is going to kill Toyota, imagine a ZX grade LC(top spec,only centre diff std) having 2 blanks right in front of you!!! And nobody buys LC to show off, but rather to stay unnoticed !
Yeah but i kinda wanna show off for me! Having two different places to press just to lock certain axles/diffs is just wrong. All off-road controls should be grouped together.

This is why i appreciate the 2016 redesign of LC…all off-road toys are grouped together.

Note that GMC Yukon Denali vs. AT4 have different dash design. ANd how much is the LC300 again that Toyota can’t spend a few more $$ to make dash unique to GR?

Toyota finally makes the perfect landcruiser from the factory and we can't get it. Ugghhhhhhhhhh! Killing me. I'd stand in line to get my hands on this version the day it hit our shores with 80k in cash on hand. take my money Toyota. Please. Send this to US.

Toyota finally makes the perfect landcruiser from the factory and we can't get it. Ugghhhhhhhhhh! Killing me. I'd stand in line to get my hands on this version the day it hit our shores with 80k in cash on hand. take my money Toyota. Please. Send this to US.
$80k will get you a spare tire.

From my other thread: Just in case anyone wondering…$137k Australian for GR Sport roughly equals $101,500 USD.

Finally?
They sold one for several years in the mid 90s.

This GXR looks good. Lift gate lights are a nice touch. Also that Toyota van

7C2A5CC9-E31F-426A-8720-4F1AE8E12AF0.png

6E341005-E3B9-4913-AAE9-61E11A313BDD.png

9B8A13DA-D6ED-4FF0-B2FE-65B0D0C790CD.png

E92234D9-6D8B-44BF-A197-C618829D2130.png

There's a chance the hybrid version is coming to the US as a LX750h, but it won't have the GR looks and it lacks the split tailgate which is a big bummer to me.

There's a chance the hybrid version is coming to the US as a LX750h, but it won't have the GR looks and it lacks the split tailgate which is a big bummer to me.
And probably no lockers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom