3 turbo-diesel 100-series, new, for sale in VA (USA) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Weight: 7,200 Lbs :eek:

-B-

Armored vehicles will run you about 100K minimum....

Bring your checkbook!

Wow. If I only I had 100Gs. Any idea where these Cruisers came from originally and how the import process worked? They are identical to many of the 100s I saw in Australia and New Zealand with the exception of Armor. Did any conversions need to be done to meet emissions requirments and or US safety standards. I was told by a company in Florida that importing a Turbo Diesel 100 would run about $8000 just to meet US standards. I can't imagine tax issues, registration fees etc. on top of that. Anyone with more info? I eagerly await the day I will own a turbo diesel Cruiser in the United States. All I need is about $12000 to convert my 80. Donations??? :beer:

Diesel 80 buggy? :D

Maybe a bit over the top, but you could go wheeling on army test ranges without fear of getting blown to pork and wee beans :eek:

[quote author=snowcruiser link=board=2;threadid=7796;start=msg65598#msg65598 date=1069342167]
Wow. If I only I had 100Gs. Any idea where these Cruisers came from originally and how the import process worked? They are identical to many of the 100s I saw in Australia and New Zealand with the exception of Armor. Did any conversions need to be done to meet emissions requirments and or US safety standards. I was told by a company in Florida that importing a Turbo Diesel 100 would run about $8000 just to meet US standards. I can't imagine tax issues, registration fees etc. on top of that. Anyone with more info? I eagerly await the day I will own a turbo diesel Cruiser in the United States. All I need is about $12000 to convert my 80. Donations??? :beer:
[/quote]

$8K sounds about right. I was estimating about $10K for a UN-spec 105 since airbags would have to be added for that; consumer-use 100s all come w/ airbags, I think. In Japan, you can get a 100 series TD w/ rear diff lock for about 4.4 million yen (about $40K USD), so that's still cheaper than a new UZJ100, abeit you won't have an leather. :) Emissions are easy if it's diesel, a small nightmare if gasoline.

Just wait until the next time the yen hits 146 yen/dollar...that would make a new 100 TD only $31K. I think the closest market to the US that sells 100 TD's in left-hand drive is Costa Rica/Guatemala. Toyota mexico sells the same stuff here, minus the cruiser.

That armored 105's engine specs indicate it's aspirated 1HZ, so that's like a 150 hp engine pulling 7000+ lbs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom