3 turbo-diesel 100-series, new, for sale in VA (USA)

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by drexx, Nov 19, 2003.

1. drexx

drexx

2. Beowulf

Beowulf

Weight: 7,200 Lbs :eek:

-B-

3. moralien

moralien

Wow, you know your big pimpin when you NEED one of those. :eek:

I wonder if they upgraded the suspension and brakes?

4. Vlad

Vlad The Impaler SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Armored vehicles will run you about 100K minimum....

Bring your checkbook!

5. snowcruiser

snowcruiser

Wow. If I only I had 100Gs. Any idea where these Cruisers came from originally and how the import process worked? They are identical to many of the 100s I saw in Australia and New Zealand with the exception of Armor. Did any conversions need to be done to meet emissions requirments and or US safety standards. I was told by a company in Florida that importing a Turbo Diesel 100 would run about $8000 just to meet US standards. I can't imagine tax issues, registration fees etc. on top of that. Anyone with more info? I eagerly await the day I will own a turbo diesel Cruiser in the United States. All I need is about $12000 to convert my 80. Donations??? :beer:

6. cruiser99

cruiser99

What you are going to do with these things when all the payload is taken by the armor.

7. Vlad

Vlad The Impaler SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Diesel 80 buggy? :D

8. Scamper

Scamper

Maybe a bit over the top, but you could go wheeling on army test ranges without fear of getting blown to pork and wee beans :eek:

9. Jim_Chow

Jim_Chow

[quote author=snowcruiser link=board=2;threadid=7796;start=msg65598#msg65598 date=1069342167]
    Wow. If I only I had 100Gs. Any idea where these Cruisers came from originally and how the import process worked? They are identical to many of the 100s I saw in Australia and New Zealand with the exception of Armor. Did any conversions need to be done to meet emissions requirments and or US safety standards. I was told by a company in Florida that importing a Turbo Diesel 100 would run about $8000 just to meet US standards. I can't imagine tax issues, registration fees etc. on top of that. Anyone with more info? I eagerly await the day I will own a turbo diesel Cruiser in the United States. All I need is about $12000 to convert my 80. Donations??? :beer:
    [/quote]

$8K sounds about right. I was estimating about $10K for a UN-spec 105 since airbags would have to be added for that; consumer-use 100s all come w/ airbags, I think. In Japan, you can get a 100 series TD w/ rear diff lock for about 4.4 million yen (about $40K USD), so that's still cheaper than a new UZJ100, abeit you won't have an leather. :) Emissions are easy if it's diesel, a small nightmare if gasoline.

Just wait until the next time the yen hits 146 yen/dollar...that would make a new 100 TD only $31K. I think the closest market to the US that sells 100 TD's in left-hand drive is Costa Rica/Guatemala. Toyota mexico sells the same stuff here, minus the cruiser.

That armored 105's engine specs indicate it's aspirated 1HZ, so that's like a 150 hp engine pulling 7000+ lbs!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.