3 Speed Gurus! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have never seen the bearing cage hit the seal, is the spacer between the trans rear bearing and tcase input gear in there ? Honestly at this point a call to Georg at Cruiserbrothers would be the fastest way to solve problem.
Thanks for the vote of confidence John. :rolleyes:

Your seal was installed correctly. However, If you’re not careful installing the transmission to the T-Case, the seal spring comes off and get wound up in the rear transmission bearing. From the pictures, that’s what look like happened.

That seal is a bear sometimes.

@peesalot has 4 speed on the brain. No spacer on the 3 speed. As for the seal, did you apply lubrication when you assembled it?

I did, but I could see how the below could have happened.
Your seal was installed correctly. However, If you’re not careful installing the transmission to the T-Case, the seal spring comes off and get wound up in the rear transmission bearing. From the pictures, that’s what look like happened.

That seal is a bear sometimes.

The seal is torn and the spring was chewed up. I would have never guessed the spring could cause that much damage!

@65swb45 , what part number is your kit for the 4 speed tcase swap components? And isn't there a difference in low range on the 1975+ transfer cases vs the 3 speed cases?

Well your the one who always says you are not answering phones so I did not want to add to your schedule at this time as it seems you have found a little space to breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom