3 spd Gears Sticking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did some searching and couldn't find something for what she's doing.

All gears work fine, no problem shifting, but when it comes time to shift the gears seem to be getting pretty sticky. Meaning difficult to pull out of 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I believe I noticed this a while ago but didn't think too much of it but now it feels worse?
There is no grinding when shifting or shifting, feels kinda like pulling something glued apart before the glue is set. (if that makes sense)

I just changed 3spd and xfer case oil this weekend, nothing crazy nasty came out, just some pretty used oil.

Suggestions?

The only thing that makes sense with all the gears acting the same is if the clutch is dragging. To check, put it in N and then shift to first and reverse and see if it grinds.

Was it shifting fine before you changed the oil?

It was shifting fine and is still shifting fine. Just getting difficult to pull out of gear. Not extremely difficult but seems to be happening more frequently and getting a little harder to pull out.

After putting it in neutral, it shifts to all gears smoothly (with out clutch)

There is a slight catch when pulling it out of gear with clutch or no clutch, similar to pulling a axle that has a very warn out retaining clip, similar not near as hard, just trying to find something to compare it to.

Last edited:
If the clutch is not dragging and the trans oil is new, I'd check out and lube all of the shift linkage points.

If the clutch is not dragging and the trans oil is new, I'd check out and lube all of the shift linkage points.

Thank, I will have to research that, I have never done anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom