#3 Gray 62 bodywork and paint (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going to attack this nasty lower windshield corner.

37FC76B1-48E9-44FF-A3BA-207BB58968D9.jpeg
5F52902F-4E8E-4C58-BA49-B18F518AC878.jpeg

Quarter panels and doors are nearly done. I have been sanding filler for a couple days. Not fun to post pics of body filler. A couple more small rust spots to fix then I will spray everything in epoxy once I get the bodywork done. It’s moving along now!

This is why the thread has been quiet for a while. Filler and sandpaper!

Both quarters were damaged from under the window, down to the bottom. Dents and waves everywhere like a potato chip. The body lines were smashed in too, and I had to bend them back out straight which was a total pain. I removed a lot of filler from a previous body shop, it was thick and not done well at all. It took a long time to get the metal straightened out and close. I took a break from metal work and went ahead to the filler stage. I still have to apply filler and sand it in the body lines too. Back to metal tomorrow though.

My shop welder broke, so I brought my welder that I use for building grilles today. However, I forgot the big nut that holds the spool on.😡 So today I decided that I would just focus on cutting out all the rust on both the brown and the gray. Have some fun with the plasma cutter. Also, apply and sand filler on this one.

DFEAC49A-2119-46C8-9F5F-504DA16BE29C.jpeg
EB6B8304-6415-4A60-97EB-397D42D53590.jpeg

This is another lesson on how NOT to do rust repair.
At least packed the hole with fiberglass filler before the 1/2” thick layer of body filler. o_O

4332AE40-B6FD-42EF-B8AF-989E684A9C0D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom