2uz-fe manual conversion... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Theres a 100 series locally with a blown 2UZ motor. While a 1VD-FTV would be an awesome swap, I just can't see it money wise.
But, what I am thinking, though, is a LQ9/NV5600/BlackBox/splitcase setup.
Yes, I know, heresy...

But what I'd like to know is, if I can order the clutch pedal, clutch master, etc from Toyota in the US, or would I need to source other stuff?

Theres a 100 series locally with a blown 2UZ motor. While a 1VD-FTV would be an awesome swap, I just can't see it money wise.
But, what I am thinking, though, is a LQ9/NV5600/BlackBox/splitcase setup.
Yes, I know, heresy...

But what I'd like to know is, if I can order the clutch pedal, clutch master, etc from Toyota in the US, or would I need to source other stuff?
Marks 4x4 in Australia has the parts to swap a GM in a 100.

Marks 4x4 in Australia has the parts to swap a GM in a 100.

I'd likely just go with a split case, if I can't adapt the blackbox to the HF2A

Just looking up some of the parts (clutch pedal assembly, master cyl, trans), I can't immediately see whats available in USA cause it seems all the online sites have changed the way their parts searches work....but, fwiw, I can see they are available from Japan (note that I didn't check *all* the parts that'd be needed....) I'd say figure out a good bunch (all?) of the parts numbers and then have @beno or @cruiseroutfit or another parts guru check their availability in the US.

Edit: BTW, I'd wager that finding some of this stuff used via ebay australia or some used cruiser parts importer would prob run you a lot less than OEM. Especially for the parts that don't really wear out...like the pedal assembly and bellhousing...etc

-Ferg

Last edited:
I have a 2UZ and an H151 manual 5 speed with proper bell housing, clutch, pedal/master etc etc here in my shed waiting for me to work out the swap into my 1966 FJ45LV... an ambitious plan to be sure. Thinking of a stand alone wiring harness solution - maybe from Spitronics... I'm pretty sure I'm not up for figuring out the stock harness...

Oh man.. That would make my 100 so much more fun to drive.

I guess anything is possible if you have enough time, money and patients. If you must have a manual trans truck why not look into importing one from another country? That way everything was factory installed. Someone local to me has a diesel Prado with a standard trans. I walked up to him and said "Where did you get this they don't sell them here"
he said "I imported it"

There are exceptions to the 25 year rule and IFS 99-06 Land Cruiser is one that was added to the list fairly recently. I'd imagine one would have a very good chance of importing a UZJ-100 w/ manual transmission.

"VEHICLES CERTIFIED BY THEIR ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER AS COMPLYING WITH ALL APPLICABLE CANADIAN MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS"

So this is for importing into Canada?

My apologizes for jacking the OP thread. If you are really serious about importing there is a thread on the importing section of IH8mud from someone importing a 2006 standard diesel 100.
The man that owns the Prado by me has a company www.overlandexperts.com
Maybie you could contact him about importing. He has quite a fleet of vehicles (including that newer prado) but no 100's or 200 cruisers for whatever reason.

"VEHICLES CERTIFIED BY THEIR ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER AS COMPLYING WITH ALL APPLICABLE CANADIAN MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS"

So this is for importing into Canada?
No, wrong section. Scroll down further to where it says "All other vehicles."

For more information, search the petitions and/or docket numbers:
NHTSA-2012-0035
NHTSA-2012-0105

I have no further info. Personally, for my usage, I prefer the automatic over manual transmission for the 100, especially as there is no reduction box/doubler readily available.

I think I'm gonna try to mate it to the h151f of my 80s
Hi, fellas! How did it go? I,m on my way to swap 1UZ in to my 80 and collecting all the info.
So far I understood that I will need pats from 2UZ with manual tranny, or I willing to change stock H151F because I've already got 450.000km on it.
Does anybody know the name of the manual gearbox of 2UZ?

Does anybody know the name of the manual gearbox of 2UZ?

H151 .?

I Would be more worried about the ECU / wiring issue when the ECU would not see tranny input anymore ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom