2LT throttle butterfly as positive pressure shutoff? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Ruster

2LT Sufferer
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey I just bought a 2lt manifold for my early style engine. Obviously I don't need it but I just had a thought. What if I used it as an emergency shutoff in the case of a runaway condition?

I could hook it up to a choke style knob in the dash and pull it if I need to use it. Could even use it as an anti theft.

Is this idea plausible or should I just pull out the butterfly.

Hey I just bought a 2lt manifold for my early style engine. Obviously I don't need it but I just had a thought. What if I used it as an emergency shutoff in the case of a runaway condition?

I could hook it up to a choke style knob in the dash and pull it if I need to use it. Could even use it as an anti theft.

Is this idea plausible or should I just pull out the butterfly.

Not sure I've ever heard of a run away 2LT; or any old toyota diesel for that matter.

Personally I like my engine with no butterfly. All the 2LTE have one to draw in EGR gasses at idle. But the 2LT-II motors have no butterfly at all.

When I removed my EGR I scrapped the butterfly too. I found starting easier as motor could draw more air (when compressed makes more heat so diesel ignites easier). I found a big torque increase from idle. I found reduced EGTs. I think also it helps the motor cool down faster at idle, as it's drawing more air. That is easier on the cylinder head, precups and turbo. So less chance of cracking the head or dropping a precup.

The 2LT-II in europe has WAY fewer problems with overheating and head cracking than the 2LTE engines. I think it all comes down to the butterfly and EGR system to be honest.

2LT-II intake:

62f3203d0f316452ad77b9c4ee80bbb8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom