2L-T priming question… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LJRay

SILVER Star
Threads
…replaced
  • Fuel filter + sedimenter switch and both O-rings
  • Priming pump head
  • Engine bay fuel lines incl. returns and new clamps
Started yesterday at ~45 F after priming from 3x 10 second cranks and purred like a sewing machine for 30 minutes. Bled air at injectors.

3 hours later took 2 pumps to prime back hard. Immediate start.

This morning, 6x pumps to prime hard, 6x 10 second cranks and a great black cloud to start.

Is this a sign I still have air coming in somewhere? Should I keep replacing hose back to the tank?

Are you driving it. If not, take it for a 50 mile hwy drive with lots of hard throttling. Some times it will take some driving to get all the air out. Also, if you have leaky injectors you will have longer cold crank times and black smoke on start up.

…thanks Houser, busy week ahead away from the garage, but will try next weekend.

…any other things to try?

Should be stiff within a couple of pumps.

...hmmm, a new day, primed, would not start, cranked till battery flat..

...got under and replaced soft fuel lines and clips back towards tank. Primed (>500 pumps) and started (after a bit), took a 30 mile drive.

Priming pump back to soft 30 min later and needed 20-30 pumps to prime again, started warm. This morning with cool engine, no start.

Am I still getting air in somewhere?

Checked under at the tank end and noticed filler pipe/valve/hoses pretty crusty - is this my next replacement? At least this part is listed.

But will I need to drop my tank to replace?

IMG_1680.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom