2H tach sensor wiring - need pics of how it should look like (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi there. My tachometer (on 1983 HJ47 troopie - 2H engine) was working fine until the workshop pulled the transmission to change the clutch. Sensor got bashed when putting it back and the tachometer stopped working. I took a look at the sensor and noticed that there is only 1 wire coming out, whereas there are 2 connections on the harness. Could anyone post closeup pictures of the sensor (bellhouse side) so that I can see if I can repair the sensor instead of forking out 250 USD for it? TIA

Here’s what I have. I hope it helps. If these don’t work let me know and I’ll try to get better pictures.

Hi Michael. Thanks. Read theough your rebuild thread. Impressive! I know it’s a long shot but is there any chance that you may have a closeup of the sensor (where the wires are attached)? I need to figure out if I can repair the original one. Thanks

So in the end I took a dremel and carefully removed enough of the resin to solder on a new wire to the little bit that was previously covered in resin. Covered it all up with hot melt and reconnected. Presto! Wasn't ready to pay 250 USD for a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom