2f out 87 fj60 carb options (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I recently purchased a 2f out of 1987 fj60 with newer carb and smog stuff. I also have a f carb from original engine 1970 that will probley need a rebuild. Should I D smog newer carb but also have figure out going from cable 1970 pedal to mechanical carb.

Purchased whole fj60 for the 2f

Screenshot_20240104_185057_Chrome.jpg

I installed a 85 fj60 motor on my 71 FJ40 and swapped over all the F motor accessories i.e. carb, intake, air cleaner, onto the 2f. It could be done.

I installed a 85 fj60 motor on my 71 FJ40 and swapped over all the F motor accessories i.e. carb, intake, air cleaner, onto the 2f. It could be done.

Did you keep the 85 ignition system

I am also running a 2F with all 1F accessories. Strong preference for the earlier carb with a guaranteed-to-open mechanical secondary, over a maybe/hopefully 2F carb with a vacuum secondary. Do a thread search on the paper clip test and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Last edited:
I am also running a 2F with all 1F accessories. Strong preference for the earlier carb with a guaranteed-to-open mechanical secondary, over a maybe/hopefully 2F with a vacuum secondary. Do a thread search on the paper clip test and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
Thank you very much guys also solves throttle cable conversion

Just about to swap 2f from 1987 fj60 and plan on using most of 1f parts. Not going to run power steering pump or oil cooler would like to use earlier air cleaner question is will earlier fuel pump work in 87 2f without spacer I rebuilt my 1970 mechanical carb just haven't added vacuum port I I have 3 options 1f distributor a bigger 2f distributor with points or use 1987 distributor set up. I am willing to try to add a vacuum port just need to find the brass port thanks

Just about to swap 2f from 1987 fj60 and plan on using most of 1f parts. Not going to run power steering pump or oil cooler would like to use earlier air cleaner question is will earlier fuel pump work in 87 2f without spacer I rebuilt my 1970 mechanical carb just haven't added vacuum port I I have 3 options 1f distributor a bigger 2f distributor with points or use 1987 distributor set up. I am willing to try to add a vacuum port just need to find the brass port thanks
I also will be using a flywheel and 4 sp belhousing from late 1973 f engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom