2f Motor Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

So people may call me crazy, but I am swapping my fj60 that I got with a 350 swap in it back to a 2f. My first problem to solve is the fact that the PO cut the stock motor mounts out so they could put in the staggered ones for the 350. I have a '75 FJ55 that is getting a 350 and am thinking I can be careful and cut out its 2f motor mounts and weld them into my 60. Does anyone on here have experience doing this? If you have pictures of your FJ60's stock motor mounts that are on the frame please post them if you can.

Here you go. From an '84.

IMG_20171227_143306.jpg

IMG_20180129_164632.jpg

IMG_20190113_122805.jpg

I think the frame mount on the passenger side will be too short, the 60 mount sticks out further because the frames are 3" wider.

This is from the 1980 Body and Chassis manual. The later manual (1984-1990) only has the 62 series.

Attachments

• FJ60 Frame Dimensions.pdf
    99.1 KB · Views: 49
Hi all,

So people may call me crazy, but I am swapping my fj60 that I got with a 350 swap in it back to a 2f. My first problem to solve is the fact that the PO cut the stock motor mounts out so they could put in the staggered ones for the 350. I have a '75 FJ55 that is getting a 350 and am thinking I can be careful and cut out its 2f motor mounts and weld them into my 60. Does anyone on here have experience doing this? If you have pictures of your FJ60's stock motor mounts that are on the frame please post them if you can.
Yes your crazy, people are still paying big money to have a v8 put in their rigs.

it’s a fair amount of work to unswap- I’d recommend finding a new rig and save the headache, someone will give you a premium for a v8 swapped rig already

but if your going to proceed, bolt your motor and trans together, then bolt your mounts that you have to your motor and lower into the engine bay

bolt trans in is stock location and move motor around gently till it’s right, weld your new perches in, they do not need to be land cruiser and can probably get by with some big box tubing, think backwords almost, your not setting the motor on mounts, your setting the mounts to the motor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom