2F Engine Head Bolts - HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They have been known to twist-off..:crybaby: ... just a hint for preparedness..

Got IT!!!!! AND the PIG runs again.:cheers:

Took 4ft of PVC over my 1/2" breaker bar but it finally broke w/o shearing. After the two head bolts came out I did have a little leakage of anti-freeze -- Just some dribble down the side of the block -- I had already released the pressure on the coolant system.

Do the head bolts intersect with the oil tubes anywhere Now just hoping that I don't blow the head gasket due the "change" made. -- put the bolts back in after cleaning them up - used oil on the threads and on the collar of the bolt to allow some slip when it comes in contact with the air cleaner bracket.

Got more pics --- see below --- looks better. Thanks for all the input --- will let you know if the gasket blows --
FJ55 Head Bolts Out.jpg
FJ55 Air Cleaner Engine.jpg

My head bolts looked like that when I removed them. Isn't the torque spec around 90 lb-ft? If so, then it's probably gonna take a lot more than 100 lb-ft to break them loose. Use a breaker bar with some 2" sch 40 pipe on the end.

x2

aircleaner looks nice by the way! just removed my head bolts yesterday. used the "cheater bar" on top the breaker bar method as mentioned above.

Good advice -- it worked. Had to get over my fears of shearing bolts. Many of the others on the rig shear so easily.

Again, hoping that I didn't screw up the head gasket. Have run her, dropped my jaw cus my reservoir fluid was lower but think that is due to partially draining the radiator -- had filled it but must have been some air trapped. Will have to run it some more to find out but have to work for a while first.

Glad to here you got all of yours out w/o a problem.

haha same to you , good luck with everything!:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom