2F carb pics (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

acy76

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have (or have links to) some nice shots of the carb, manifold and linkage area from a factory 2F FJ55? Trying to bring my engine (1978) back to stock-ish state from a pile of parts. Search turned up a few shots but mostly incidental, zoom-in sorta deals from various ads.
Thanks for any help, all.

1674971634463.jpeg

1674971828677.jpeg

Best I have, sorry.

Last edited:
Do these help?

So: Is it looking like the carb I got is correct for a 2F of this (1978) vintage, based on these photos?

What is giving me pause is the center plastic section with the giant tube on it. This is definitely different from my 1979 and 1970 FJ40 carbs.

If I stick a heat shield under this carb is that going to get me back to stock? I also have what should be the complete throttle linkage from a '76 FJ55 packed away, I want to make sure everything lines up in terms of overall carb/linkage vertical position.

it's freezing here and my '79 FJ40 is in winter storage at another garage (or I would be able to compare to that setup, at least).

So: Is it looking like the carb I got is correct for a 2F of this (1978) vintage,
Probably pretty close. There's a date stamp on the airhorn ypu can decipher for the year, month and day of its manufacture. It's a vacuum actuated secondary (which i never liked) that started with the 2F engine.
That big hose in the plasticky spacer, i just cut mine off and filled the hole with jb weld (about 20 years ago)...i forget where that hose went. My PCV hose goes to the bottom most plasticy spacer.
Here's pics of a '74. Slightly modified

20230129_171615.jpg

20230129_171625.jpg

20230129_171643.jpg

Good stuff, guys. Thanks!

Do these help?

If these do and someone wants a clearer shot, this truck is sitting in my warehouse. (No I didn’t buy it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom