2F/3FE 'Heavy Duty' Aisin Fan Clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone used one of these Black Hub Fan Clutches ? Listed on a couple vendor sites as 'Heavy Duty' black hub vs the 'Standard Duty' red hub.

Just wondering what makes them 'Heavy Duty' over the standard FCT-017 red hub or even the Aqua Hub 80-series fan Clutch.

I got a wp and fan clutch from @cruiseroutfit a few months ago and the difference was nicely explained to me. I wanna say the HD one locks up a little earlier and longer to keep the fan cranking more faster more often. I hope I remembered that correctly. Of course, their explanation was much better. :)

I just re-read your question...I don't think I answered anything of value.

You did -

I just didn't know if that was what the vendors were referring to when labeling those as HD, as opposed to say, beefier components or more viscous internal oil... These must be a non-USA application or ... ?

Do you find the HD black hub creates more noise ? Maybe only on cold starts?

Thanks!

Thanks very much!

I got a wp and fan clutch from @cruiseroutfit a few months ago and the difference was nicely explained to me. I wanna say the HD one locks up a little earlier and longer to keep the fan cranking more faster more often. I hope I remembered that correctly. Of course, their explanation was much better. :)

I just re-read your question...I don't think I answered anything of value.

@CardinalFJ60 do you have that Aisin FCT # for the black hub HD 2F/3FE fan clutch? Looks like Cruiser Outfitters is out of stock on those and I am weighing either that fan clutch against the FCT-049 (green hub?). Thanks for letting us know.

The one I have is the standard duty "017" - haven't installed yet. turned out to be a sneaky hose leak I didn't see... I'll take a picture of the box/label in a little bit

Photo:
image.jpg

You did -

I just didn't know if that was what the vendors were referring to when labeling those as HD, as opposed to say, beefier components or more viscous internal oil... These must be a non-USA application or ... ?

Do you find the HD black hub creates more noise ? Maybe only on cold starts?

Thanks!

Thanks very much!
I bet they’re for desert climate vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom