22re stumble/hesitation (1 of millions) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So lately ive had an issue with my 89 22re that when I attempt to use light throttle or simply maintain speed at around 2500/3k, my truck would buck, miss and spit all over the place until I would give it full throttle.

So I'm not sure if this is helpful because ours was just a 22R (in a model 77 from the Middle East), but when we started running it on gas with alcohol in the US the seals on the carburetor and such started crapping out and the symptoms were kind of similar. If this is a recent import to the US could some of the fuel hoses or seals on the fuel pump be failing?

Could be a flat spot on the TPS. Could also be a bad Ox sensor.

So lately ive had an issue with my 89 22re that when I attempt to use light throttle or simply maintain speed at around 2500/3k, my truck would buck, miss and spit all over the place until I would give it full throttle.
Sorry, I got too drunk last night to finish this vague post. I have a bad habit of always using forums to solve my issue then never reporting my solution. So, I figured I’d post my success for once. I spent weeks trying to figure out this surprisingly common issue amongst the 22re community. Timing is dead nuts on. TPS is OEM and only a few years old. Couldn’t quite get it to pass all the ohm tests so I was sure that was it. Replaced with new OEM. Nope. Replaced oxygen sensor. Nope. Swapped AFM. Nope. Swapped ECU. Notta. Fuel pressure good. Swapped EGR. Nope. Getting frustrated. Disconnected EGR.... BINGO! My rig has LCE headers and reduces back pressure. I found a few exhaust leaks and that my “non smog” cat was done for. All this lack of back pressure caused my EGR to blip at 2.5-3k rpm. Hope this helps someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom