TLCA 2023 Rubithon Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bummer. I know that feeling all too well. Hopefully everything works out for him. My transfer case gears are going in soon as this snow and rain goes away for a weekend and I can button up the last of my maintenance while I'm at it.
I have piles of work to do I can already see myself at midnite the night before still thrashing to get done

That was me last year. I ripped off my skid plate at 11pm the night before and welded up another one for my transmission when I was leaving at 4am :rofl: Trying to avoid that this year

My 80 still needs armor and a ham. I’d also like to get the hydro assist setup in my garage installed before the run. Worst case we will take the jeep. Its regular on the Rubicon. My wife is the one who signed up for rubithon and she picked the 4runner/minitruck run.

D2286F51-2ECC-4F80-8E92-E36B1A36BCDF.jpeg

6AE86C6C-18CA-4695-8270-412855689238.jpeg

Last edited:
Meh, you call them "Kool kids" , going to be an interesting group.
Tornadoalleycruiser - you may be in the Solid Axle run which leaves before the Wagon train. I believe we have met but can only remember the screen name cant remember where, could have been a previous rubithon ?

My 80 still needs armor and a ham. I’d also like to get the hydro assist setup in my garage installed before the run. Worst case we will take the jeep. Its regular on the Rubicon. My wife is the one who signed up for rubithon and she picked the 4runner/minitruck run.

View attachment 3284483

View attachment 3284484
That is a very cool 80. I'd love to see that finished up and out there.

Good lord We have Paint Cans a Jeep and Peesy all posting in the Wagon Run Thread :censor:. I have guys betting me that we are not going ? and we have not even Got to April yet :).
I need to get in on this betting thing. If I decided to just drive my Cruiser like last year, or tow it down this year, that's a lot of fuel. I can recoup some of that maybe

You been running as is the past 4 years. This year you better bring it as its best

Monch, your mentioning that you need to put your skids back on reminded me I need to revamp my transmission skid plate a bit. It's out currently and I finally have my welder back out and hooked up here. Only took 5 months :rofl:
This past weekend I got all 3 new mounts in and new water pump. Fridge and solar is getting rewired this weekend along with the starter rebuild. After that is transfer case gears and final trimming on the rear.

Ok Guys As much as it pains me to say this. I Talked to Ross a little today and I pushed him move the event back to Aug /Sept. I don’t know what dates could work yet . I know I know it sucks on many levels and will effect some not being able to make it . I do not know yet if he will push. But I feel for safety reasons it should be done. Do I think some can get through yes . Do I think we will fight and be in survival mode just to get through yes and I don’t want to do that with a large group of people I do not know . This is supposed to be a fun trip . No one knows if we can even get through yet. And it’s still snowing 🤦🏻‍♂️ I myself and many others are going First week of Aug then going over to Fordyce for Sierra trek . Of course I will still lead when and if the date changes. Just want to kinda give a heads up that I would say there is a 80 percent chance things push .

Ok Guys As much as it pains me to say this. I Talked to Ross a little today and I pushed him move the event back to Aug /Sept. I don’t know what dates could work yet . I know I know it sucks on many levels and will effect some not being able to make it . I do not know yet if he will push. But I feel for safety reasons it should be done. Do I think some can get through yes . Do I think we will fight and be in survival mode just to get through yes and I don’t want to do that with a large group of people I do not know . This is supposed to be a fun trip . No one knows if we can even get through yet. And it’s still snowing 🤦🏻‍♂️ I myself and many others are going First week of Aug then going over to Fordyce for Sierra trek . Of course I will still lead when and if the date changes. Just want to kinda give a heads up that I would say there is a 80 percent chance things push .
Thanks for the update Jeff. I believe the bottomline here as what you said is the safety of all in the group in particular, and the whole event participants in general. One carnage out of the many is no fun at all. The concern for all is what will make the event successful.

Thanks for the update Jeff. I believe the bottomline here as what you said is the safety of all in the group in particular, and the whole event participants in general. One carnage out of the many is no fun at all. The concern for all is what will make the event successful.
Agreed. It’s one thing to go with 3-5 super built rigs It’s a entire different animal going with 20 plus. And some that are very mildly built Plus the camps may be flooded. Who knows what we will encounter on the trail 🤷‍♂️ I still will most likely go in June with Ken just to see How bad it is. Who knows maybe Ross says No we are going in June 🤷‍♂️ Pack your lunch

Agreed. It’s one thing to go with 3-5 super built rigs It’s a entire different animal going with 20 plus. And some that are very mildly built Plus the camps may be flooded. Who knows what we will encounter on the trail 🤷‍♂️ I still will most likely go in June with Ken just to see How bad it is. Who knows maybe Ross says No we are going in June 🤷‍♂️ Pack your lunch
I'll roll whenever Ross says we're going. Sure, later in the year is harder, but with that many rigs and many unfamiliar to you and to the trail, it's a tough call. I'd rather spend more time wheeling and relaxing than wrenching and struggling to get everyone through. However it shakes out, I will plan for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom