2023 Dusy Ershim Run? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a thread from a run several key members of TLCA did in 2018.

Would be looking to see if any other guys would be interested. I have a couple other people from my area interested but we have not figured out timing.

I have run the Rubicon the last two years in my FJ40 without any significant issues and plan during this next season to run the Dusy Ershim Trail. In the starting stages of planning the trip. Looks like it is more challenging than the Rubicon because the amount of time you are spent dodging rocks. Although the most recent thing I watched from Light Bright was the trail was just long. Granted those guys were on 40's.

Not looking to bring in more than a total of 10 vehicles but also wouldn't look to turn away other Mudders.

Id be down for that, pm me potential dates or I'll check back here.

Let me know when you get dates! If I’m available I would like to join!

Would love to join. This trail is on my list of must do. Don’t think it’ll happen in 2023 though. We are planing on doing the Rubicon and Fordyce summer of 2023.

Checked off Rubithon this past August. This is one remaining on bucket list. If the run is in July or later then I can likely find the time.

I dont remember the exact date but i dont think the trail even opens till the first part of Aug ?

This looks legit. Trail opens August 1 to November 1.
6DB6DC61-6812-47EE-BC15-26EF2FB8B8F6.jpeg

How many days should we plan for?
My estimate is at 1 mph and the trail being 33 miles, we are looking at 3 days 10 hours per day? My 80 series is so slow I don’t even know it it can keep a 1 mph pace. So maybe plan for 4 days on the trail?

I think that is a reasonable assumption. I think most of the traveling is fairly easy going. But have no experience on the trail. But with a typical group, the more there are that means the more potential for breakdowns and slower moving. I would plan on getting there on a Wednesday and start the trail on a Thursday morning. With the intention of getting out Sunday and heading home.

If there's a raging fire blowing smoke up your A** it can be done much faster.
I was in a group of five 80s and we ran it in 2 days 1 night . We had planed 4 day 3 night
The thing about the Dusy is that if any issue occurs your a long way from help/parts/ services

And no most of the trail is not easy going. for the most part it one big long rock garden. And Thomson hill is long and relentless putting the best built rig's to the test.

I would love to run it again if the timing is right !!

10 or more is a large group expect long day's on the trail

If there's a raging fire blowing smoke up your A** it can be done much faster.
I was in a group of five 80s and we ran it in 2 days 1 night . We had planed 4 day 3 night
The thing about the Dusy is that if any issue occurs your a long way from help/parts/ services

And no most of the trail is not easy going. for the most part it one big long rock garden. And Thomson hill is long and relentless putting the best built rig's to the test.

I would love to run it again if the timing is right !!

10 or more is a large group expect long day's on the trail
Were you part of the group stuck out there a couple years ago. I saw a youtube video done by a group heading through.
I would love to have a trail veteran along if timing works for you to make sure know the right lines.

Were you part of the group stuck out there a couple years ago. I saw a youtube video done by a group heading through.
I would love to have a trail veteran along if timing works for you to make sure know the right lines.
Post up when you have dates set ;)

August...damn. Scratch that one off the June plans, @Broski.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom