2023 Dusy Ershim Run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There’s a thing called Rubithon in June!

I understand the draw to the event, but that's an awful lot of traffic on a technical trail. Not really my jam.

I understand the draw to the event, but that's an awful lot of traffic on a technical trail. Not really my jam.
Weird. Most traffic I ever saw there was at camp. On the trail, it was mostly only the group I was in that I saw, save for a couple spots. Lots of people at the Springs though, and a few for sure at Buck Island.

I hear you. Not my kind of jam either. To that point I considered myself fortunate that my only time on the trail was three rigs in and two rigs out. The third rig stayed for the jam!
Rubicon and Dusy-Ershim are my must do trails. Considering how much I enjoyed riding the Rubicon, I may go back.

The Rubithion is a great event that I have enjoyed. that being said I think the trail is much more enjoyable with a smaller group on a med week run, less people on the trail more camping options and the outhouses aren’t overwhelming.
Just sayin 😎

You guys any closer to picking dates for this Run ?

Any chance for Wednesday to Sunday, October 4th-8th? I’m booked the weekend of the 15th
Probably not would have to do the prior weekend. My wife's Grandma's B-day that weekend. I am sure we will be heading up to her place for that.
Spet 27-Oct 1 would work

Look at that looks like we have some dates on the calendar. Should give time to those needing to address anything after the Rubithon time to do so.

That has been the question for 20 years, never have been able to get direct info from someone who has done it. Every first hand account has driven rig to trail. From what I have been told the drill is to leave tow rigs at dinky creek camp ground because once you exit trail at Shaver you come back by Dinky to get to Hwy so its a good spot. Anyone else have any intel ?
To ZjohnsonUA - Rubithon can be busy, thats why we go on Wed, Phi, Dat & myself had the entire trail open as we breezed into camp, I do like the lazy days tho when you have a chance to swim, fish, just look around, find the most unexpected things. Maybe the OC boys will hang out for awhile this year. Sand steak is the best.

Parking can be a challenge at Courtwright Res. For tow rigs ,Plus it's 36 miles from Shaver Lake & the main hwy 168 on Dinky creek rd. To Courtwright and a 1 hr 40 minute drive.
The Dusy takes you all the way up and around and you come back through Shaver Lake. If you park at Courtwright you have to drive in and back out again.
What we have done in the past is leave the tow rigs on dinky Creek Road at the kiosk near the entrance to dinky Creek Camp.
I would be towing and parking at the kiosk. I can get the coordinates if other are interested.

I will be towing and driving in from the tow rig for sure. The whole reason I bought the Dodge.

TSWY4765.JPG

There are a few days between Now and Oct. i think its safe to Plan lol.

I’m blocking those dates anyhow. Worst case, the gate is locked; I’ll spend the time exploring the surrounding areas. How bad can it be? Camp fire, dirt roads, sand steaks, and wheelers… As they say, the worst day off pavement is still heavenly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom