2020 Club Meeting at Eastwood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After saying at the annual meeting how easy it was to set up these things and that people really want to work with you, this has been a struggle.

Still trying to get some potential dates for April or May. I'm assuming either a Saturday or Sunday would work for people?

After saying at the annual meeting how easy it was to set up these things and that people really want to work with you, this has been a struggle.

Still trying to get some potential dates for April or May. I'm assuming either a Saturday or Sunday would work for people?
Would you like me to start trying to contact them as well?

I would suggest trying to stay away from the second Saturday but do what needs done.

I think that two people contacting them might just confuse the issue further. It sounds like duties got shuffled around and the person now in charge is overworked.

Either day is fine with me.

I'm afraid that this isn't coming together. They have a pretty robust season of their own shows and have other clubs filling in on remaining days. Unfortunately, I didn't start this process soon enough (perhaps end of last year?).

Perhaps we can pick a show (or two) to be at and do it that way?

Friday-Sunday, March 20th-22nd​
Shop The Lot​
Saturday, April 18th​
Season Opener Car Cruise​
8am-Noon​
Friday May 1st​
Friday Night Cruise​
4pm-8pm​
Saturday May 9th​
Chevy Car Cruise​
8am-Noon​
Saturday May 16th​
Ford Car Cruise​
8am-Noon​
Saturday June 6th​
Jeep Car Cruise​
8am-Noon​
Saturday June 20th​
Father’s Day Cruise​
8am-Noon​
Friday June 26th​
Friday Night Cruise​
4pm-8pm​
Friday July 10th​
Friday Night Cruise​
4pm-8pm​
Saturday July 25th​
Eastwood Summer Classic Car Show​
Friday August 7th​
Friday Night Cruise​
4pm-8pm​
Friday September 4th​
Friday Night Cruise and Photo Shoot​
4pm-8pm​
Friday-Sunday, September 11th-13th​
Shop The Lot​
Saturday September 19th​
VW Car Cruise​
8am-Noon​
Saturday September 26th​
Season Ending Car Cruise​
8am-Noon​
I was at the Summer Classic (July 25th) last year. Big event, Kevin Tetz was there, their R&D department was open, demonstrations, sales, music, food trucks, etc. The Shop the Lot sales are their scratch & dent, overstock, discontinued products, etc. events. You can find some pretty good deals if you get there early.

I was just thinking about this event this morning. I saw their Tent Lot sale coming up March 20 and thought it might be a good opportunity for some of us to get together if anybody shopping for something. They say save 70% off on large items in their advertising.

Some of the car shows might be neat, especially the Classic!

If I have time, I'm planning to get to the Spring Shop the Lot sale.

Here are some photos from last year's Summer Classic. First one is food trucks and the front parking lot. There were more cars parked behind the building, behind me (along with a vendor area), and in the fields to the left. All of those are "show" cars. General parking was across the street.
Eastwood 008 of 55.png

This was some of their R&D area.
Eastwood 019 of 55.png

And this is part of the field "to the left" that I mentioned above.
Eastwood 037 of 55.png

The benefit of going to one of these events would be that there is a lot more going on than just the store and our group. The downside is that there is a lot more going on and therefore less personal attention.

I'm seeing on social media that the "Shop the Lot" sale for this weekend has been cancelled due to the coronavirus concerns. They've also shut down the Pottstown store for the immediate future. You can still order online, though.

I've got mixed feelings about the closures and such. On the one hand, I question whether some of it is absolutely necessary. I can see the sale being cancelled as you're going to bring several hundred people together. Is the store closing necessary, though? On the other hand, I have a few family members for whom this could be fatal if they're exposed and limiting exposure/spread and being overly cautious is likely a good thing until we know more about it.

i dont get it.
so far less than 1% of the population has it, and it has 98% recovery rate.
H1N1 was more a thing than this one.
The key words in your post are "so far". The idea is to keep the infection rate from rising exponentially (prevent the knee in the curve). The way to do that is for keep people to keep their distance from each other and minimize cross contamination.
It's easier to "go in hard" (heh, heh) and ease up on restrictions as the situation changes than it is to go soft then try to get more restrictive.
I don't know where you get the idea that "H1N1 was more a thing than this one". I'd like to see the proof of this assertion.

Hind sight here. I wish we had used a nuclear option months ago. Close borders. It would of hurt economically but we could all save the panic in the USA.

Hopefully we are back to normal for the big show this summer - that’s the one I was hoping to get to.

Meanwhile, madness has truly set in in MD. The governor shut down public gatherings and groups >50 yesterday. Enforced by police and MD National Guard. 400 NG medics were activated and tasked with re-opening shuttered hospitals. Anyone with an expired medical license or an out of state license can now legally practice medicine in MD.

I went to the liquor store to grab some Guinness to drink alone on St. Patrick’s Day. Stopped by the grocery store again afterward to see if they’d restocked any of the stuff that had been wiped out over the weekend. I was in the grocery store 5-10 minutes before I gave up, and walked out to find someone trying to break into my car to steal the beer.

All of this to say - it’s not COVID I’m worried about, it’s people. It’s everyone else’s complete inability to cope with it. The side affect of social distancing is less chance of riots, fights over toilet paper, and people generally being idiots in public spaces.

Rant over - everyone keep your heads down!

the govern here has shutdown what they are calling nonessential offices, but didnt really clarify what those are....but has shut down the state stores(where we have to go to buy hard liquor and spirits)....to include online sales....it's almost as if they are trying to get people to riot....i couldn't care any less.

but yes it's not the virus that i fear, it's people....panicky people

the govern here has shutdown what they are calling nonessential offices, but didnt really clarify what those are....but has shut down the state stores(where we have to go to buy hard liquor and spirits)....to include online sales....it's almost as if they are trying to get people to riot....i couldn't care any less.

but yes it's not the virus that i fear, it's people....panicky people
Wgal had a list of examples of non essential and essential services. Industrial manufacturing was high on the essential list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom