2019 Road Trip & Nt’l Park Extravaganza (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone! As some of you know I’m on my solo road trip bound for San Diego, with stops at places like Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef etc. I’ll be posting my photos from the trip here. It’s just the beginning and already I’m speechless at what I’ve seen. So, stay tuned for pics!

~Lizzie 😎

Day 1:

The drive from NM to CO was breathtaking, in beauty and a little fear 😂 . Driving cliffside roads w/o guardrails and STEEP drop offs while it was snowing had me, shall we say, a wee bit nervous. But the scenery more than made up for it. If you haven’t been through there yet, I highly recommend that you do. Silverton and Ouray are quaint Here are some pics from the drive to CO.

FFF168B7-17E9-4693-A840-30607A2005F8.jpeg

4E4EE908-979A-440F-B2BD-6ACBB66CEE7F.jpeg

203BF54F-D83B-4DDA-B044-D8B5FF2585CE.jpeg

DF6919DB-1B44-479E-96FE-7767D457C51D.jpeg

5151A7EE-A939-4306-853D-15A3FC16BD41.jpeg

Have a great trip! Stay safe.

Awesome - enjoy yourself! And thanks for sharing your photos!

Have a safe trip. Maybe you can join us on our annual Ouray trip in Aug!

Day 3: Dead Horse State Park, UT & Canyonlands

Today was one heck of a day. I got into Moab early, so I decided to go to Dead Horse State Park. What a change from the dramatic landscape of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. After visiting Dead Horse, I decided to go down Mineral Springs Rd, a dirt road off of the 313. Off of Mineral Springs Rd are many other dirt roads. I was feeling adventurous and took one of those offshoot roads. I got a bit turned around and took a wrong turn and got a little lost. I ended up close to The Island in the Sky Road in Canyonlands NP. I found out just how capable my 4R is lol. Needless to say I found my way out, but what an experience, and not one I want to repeat lol. I made it to the switchback part of Mineral Springs Rd, just before it descends into the canyon. I really wanted to go down there, but with the fresh adrenaline rush of being lost still running through my system, I decided against it. One day I’ll make it down into the canyon.

47E0C404-3910-486D-87F5-4AF97CD39E92.jpeg

62F84B17-DA2C-4727-B141-4AF825DA5CE2.jpeg

7E917581-A4BB-477B-8F70-656D5DA39F8F.jpeg

25ED328E-3771-479D-8864-663BB7B96254.jpeg

01028F15-720D-4B41-9B6E-14F316096696.jpeg

Moab is in the middle of Cruise Moab 2019 so you oughta see tons of Toyota rigs in the town

Don't forget to grab a bite at Moab Diner!!! My favorite is the Chilli cheese omelet.

If you go to the Cruise Moab vendor's tent, you might be able to grab a set of sliders, bumpers, a winch, a snorkel then have them install them on your rig :lol: Vendor showcase starts TONIGHT at the Spanish Trail arena. I think that's where it's at but not 100% sure.

Don't forget to grab a bite at Moab Diner!!! My favorite is the Chilli cheese omelet.

If you go to the Cruise Moab vendor's tent, you might be able to grab a set of sliders, bumpers, a winch, a snorkel then have them install them on your rig :lol: Vendor showcase starts TONIGHT at the Spanish Trail arena. I think that's where it's at but not 100% sure.
I will double Moab Diner. They also have fabulous shakes.

Great time to be in Moab! The pictures are excellent!

I’ll be eating at Moab Diner on my way out tomorrow morning.

If I had that kind of cash/credit laying around, it’d be on like Donkey Kong 😂 .

Great time to be in Moab! The pictures are excellent!

Thank you! It’s been so much fun. It’s so great to see all these 4x4s, well, pretty much just the Toyotas hahaha. I’ve had to wipe up a lot of drool, if I’m being honest 😂. It’s nice to see more 5th gen 4Rs not afraid to get dirty or dinged too.

If you go to the Cruise Moab vendor's tent, you might be able to grab a set of sliders, bumpers, a winch, a snorkel then have them install them on your rig :lol:

Yep, Ali doing what he does best. Finding ways to spend other people's money. :cheers:
Psssssssst … I approve!

Last edited:
Wonderful pictures , and you are having an epic adventure. Thanks for sharing. Cruise Moab looks like a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom