2018 Rubithon Wagon Run (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are back in CT! We had a great time.

My wife and son's girlfriend flew out and we met them in Lake Tahoe. We went to the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Thunder Basin, Black Hills, Custer State Park and the Badlands on the return trip.

The last 3 days of traveling were long.

Thanks to all that helped with the Wagon Run and the 30th Rubicon.

Looks awesome...I wanna go next year!

A huge thanks to Thomas for posting up over 400 pictures. That was awesome.
Who was the guy the second day taking pictures with the selfie stick and the fancy equipment? He took a bunch of pictures, do we have any idea who he was?

A huge thanks to Thomas for posting up over 400 pictures. That was awesome.
Who was the guy the second day taking pictures with the selfie stick and the fancy equipment? He took a bunch of pictures, do we have any idea who he was?
Joel Moranton from 4wdToyotaOwnerMag :)

There was also a guy with nice camera gear shooting a pic of every single truck exiting the trail at the staging area. I did not recognize him and he was in a Subaru instead of a Land Cruiser. Any ideas?

Rubithoners-
Trying to reach the awesome guy in the 80 series that was running out Cadillac with a group of wagons that helped me out on Sunday morning about 10:30 am by providing me a couple HD 80 tie rod ends. I gave him my business card with my info on it but haven't heard from him. Want to make sure to replace those or cover costs for new ones. If someone knows who this is can they have him contact me please?

Great to see everyone!

Thanks
James Henry
PMC

email - FJ40james@hotmail.com

That would be one of the Priors. Either Justin or Johnny - they are both in this thread - I think.

PMC Rules the World!

Rubithoners-
Trying to reach the awesome guy in the 80 series that was running out Cadillac with a group of wagons that helped me out on Sunday morning about 10:30 am by providing me a couple HD 80 tie rod ends. I gave him my business card with my info on it but haven't heard from him. Want to make sure to replace those or cover costs for new ones. If someone knows who this is can they have him contact me please?

Great to see everyone!

Thanks
James Henry
PMC

email - FJ40james@hotmail.com
James that was me! I'll shoot you an email in a bit! Always glad to help a fellow cruiserhead. It was nice meeting you

Johnny

What happened James ? We passed you going the other way not long before that ? We got to bottom of big sluice and Kent Kaiser's 40 spit the front axle out , made for a long day but got him to Loon.

Someone mentioned the 400 photos Thomas posted , ? where, link please.

Outstanding! Feels like a Wallace and Grommet do the Rubicon video!

I was contacted by someone that helped one of the Rubithon participants, possibly named Pete. He let one of you borrow a hi-lift jack. If it was you please contact me at 530-401-0800 so we can see about getting his jack back to him.

Below is from his email. I am not posting his phone number here, but will share wtih you if you have his jack. Lets get this back thi him ASAP please!

"I just spoke to you on the phone about the lost high lift. The guy was driving a green/ olive colored older land cruiser. He broke all the passenger side high steer arm studs coming down the hill before soup bowl on Friday, June 22nd probably around noon. I let him borrow my high lift and he said he was camping at Buck. I never found him. I was told his name was Pete but I don’t know for sure. My name is Zack Gallivan..."

Great pictures and video, thanks.

I really got a kick out of @slimbuddha's time-lapse video of Day 1 of the Wagon Run in post #468 above. A lot of interesting shots are crammed into those 13 minutes of video. Sure looks like @JohnnyOshow22, @beno, Jay and others did a great job of spotting a large group of trucks through some challenging spots of the trail. The time-lapse aspect gives a good sense of the places where the difficult obstacles are and the places that you can just motor along at a good (walking) clip. I could tell a bunch of rocks had been stacked since the Pollock Renegade Run had come through 3 days before. I'm sure the Pryor clan was responsible for that --- wise planning on their part.

Who was in the white FJ40?

Who was in the white FJ40?

That's actually a BJ43 with a longer wheelbase. Belongs to the subway dude from NYC. Brian might be his name.

They said it was a BJ62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom