Builds 2017 GX 460 (Now 2017 Tundra Build) (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not at all. She told me to stop modding her car 😂
Do we have the same wife???
Mine says that too about her 4x4 crewcab Taco!

I just have to thoroughly explain the benefits of what I'm doing in Engineer-Speak so she thinks she knows what she's hearing is good for her truck.

Well GX is sold to a local homie. Bought a tundra crewmax 4x4. Huge plans for this thing.

1331CFD6-2E05-49A6-8165-66A2579B1C1D.jpeg

32CA6C64-CA05-498E-AAD2-9B737D77DA72.jpeg

It was a sad moment but my family has outgrown it in the last two years. I absolutely love the extra room in the tundra. The rear seats are massive and the bed/canopy are nice.
Sorry to see you leave the forum CptRussia253. You've had some great contributions and content to this forum.
I'm sure you'll be adding more to the Tundra forum now!
Enjoy your new Toyota!! :cheers:

Sorry to see you leave the forum CptRussia253. You've had some great contributions and content to this forum.
I'm sure you'll be adding more to the Tundra forum now!
Enjoy your new Toyota!! :cheers:

^ 100% this

First trip with the tundra was amazing. I absolutely love the extra room in the back and in the canopy.

I also made a list of mods that are a must by this summer.

View attachment 3015847
I can relate to the ALL the room! We used to have an F350 crewcab that I built into an overlander. It was great packing it up. I didn't have to do any fancy packing. Just slid everything in and still had a full rear view. When we went surfing, we'd load half a dozen boards in the back with plenty of room for all the other gear! That's the only thing I really miss about my 'ol F350. Other than that, it was worthless on trails. Too darned big! Off roading on trails, couldn't really do switch backs, too wide, etc. The only place it was comfortable in was open deserts without the trees and rocks.

I can relate to the ALL the room! We used to have an F350 crewcab that I built into an overlander. It was great packing it up. I didn't have to do any fancy packing. Just slid everything in and still had a full rear view. When we went surfing, we'd load half a dozen boards in the back with plenty of room for all the other gear! That's the only thing I really miss about my 'ol F350. Other than that, it was worthless on trails. Too darned big! Off roading on trails, couldn't really do switch backs, too wide, etc. The only place it was comfortable in was open deserts without the trees and rocks.
Oh for sure. That’s why we held on to the 4runner, even though I tried trading it in and leave the GX for the wife. She was too attached to the 4runner plus it made more sense keeping it with half the mileage. Either way the Tundra is for long family trips and the 4runner will be the trails rig.

Where did you order it from?
Direct from Mid Atlantic. After figuring out it was my mistake the 2014+ unit worked on my 2013 and I love it. Much quicker throttle response.

Got the lift installed. Man these full size trucks are a pain to work on. Leaf springs are so damn heavy but managed to get it done all by myself. My wife helped me out with the front. Ride is much better and now it’s ready for 35s 😂

2AAD5C09-C7E5-490F-8467-A2EC73FD9CDD.jpeg

AA80FC7D-9713-40A8-B392-9A51D5123AF2.jpeg

660F0A0A-7AFD-4D5F-A9F4-88E946AA3479.jpeg

Well GX is sold to a local homie. Bought a tundra crewmax 4x4. Huge plans for this thing.

View attachment 3014309

View attachment 3014310

Sad to see you sold it CaptRussia. One of the major inspirations when it came to purchasing my GX. You were a major help with all of the questions I had. Cheers to a new adventure for you! The tundra looks awesome. Can't wait to see more pics!

Sad to see you sold it CaptRussia. One of the major inspirations when it came to purchasing my GX. You were a major help with all of the questions I had. Cheers to a new adventure for you! The tundra looks awesome. Can't wait to see more pics!
I appreciate the kind words. It was sad to see it go but glad it went to a good home. I do prefer the truck though. The size is exactly what the family needed. But it definitely doesn’t rise as nice 😆.

Here’s a few more the new owner keeps sending me.

26A56AB6-2C93-46A2-A01E-C6F62F25E47E.jpeg

7ACC7FFA-F8C1-49CE-9B93-6B6C7C8C33A1.jpeg

53E47DB6-D800-4A6B-8260-B5CA5ED9A0FB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom