2016+ Transmission Cooler Thermostat Bypass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

I am in the process of performing a transmission fluid exchange on my 2016 Land Cruiser, and I noticed the transmission cooler bypass valve (the one where you stick a little paper clip in) to always have the transmission fluid circulate through the cooler is not in the same spot as a 6-speed 2008-2015. Does anyone know if a the 8-speed transmission setup even has one of these? If so, do you know where it’s located?

I believe it isn’t on 2016+.. or at least remember @AnyMal posting something to that effect. Might try searching his username and transmission fluid change if he doesn’t jump in.

941695D5-2053-4AAD-92E9-273C486DE7B7.png

I believe it isn’t on 2016+.. or at least remember @AnyMal posting something to that effect. Might try searching his username and transmission fluid change if he doesn’t jump in.
Correct, all I had to do was remove the return line from the cooler. It pumped oil out straight away.

Greetings,

I am in the process of performing a transmission fluid exchange on my 2016 Land Cruiser, and I noticed the transmission cooler bypass valve (the one where you stick a little paper clip in) to always have the transmission fluid circulate through the cooler is not in the same spot as a 6-speed 2008-2015. Does anyone know if a the 8-speed transmission setup even has one of these? If so, do you know where it’s located?

No need to do that on the 2016+ ... I put a comment on the original thread about that a while back.

Sorry for the stolen thread, but I recently myself got stuck in the flush step and wanted to create a similar thread.

I still don't understand why you guys say to disconnect the upper hose with the pink dot (red)

If according to the scheme

The return line to the transmission is the lower hose with the blue dot. If We need to flush both coolers, then, why are you talking about the top pink dot hose?🤔

PSX_20230531_050426.jpg

Hey Vasiliy, the lines you are referring to are not the lines you need to disconnect to complete a fluid transmission replacement since those are near the side of the radiator, rather than the bottom of the radiator.

You’ll need to remove the skid plates from the bottom of the vehicle and look from the bottom of the vehicle upward to find the “pink” marked hose (passenger side of the main radiator) which is the actual return line going from the main radiator back to the transmission.

Last edited:
Sorry for the stolen thread, but I recently myself got stuck in the flush step and wanted to create a similar thread.

I still don't understand why you guys say to disconnect the upper hose with the pink dot (red)

If according to the scheme

The return line to the transmission is the lower hose with the blue dot. If We need to flush both coolers, then, why are you talking about the top pink dot hose?🤔

That is the correct way. The lower hose with the COLD BLUE is the return line from the cooler.
This line is going into the transmission, and by the transmission is where you disconnect it.

BLUE = COLD and RED = HOT.

This is the thread on what to do:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom