2016 Appalachian Rendezvous at Uwharrie 30 Sep -02 Oct 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

izzyandsue

Izzy
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tactegra.com
This event is very good (in my opinion), training, camping, driving, biking, kayaking, and other outdoorsy stuff. I am going and hope others can go too. Not enough Yotas typically, lotsa jeepers.

Follow the thread for activities and agenda:

http://www.americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/2016-appalachian-rendezvous-official-thread.4013/

image.png

Rain and thunder, but I am packed up all but food. Planning on heading out tomorrow afternoon, hope to be in by 6pm or so. Looks like Summer tent weather so doing my canopy and blue tent deal.

Last edited:
Also, the GOD and Big Creek trails will be wet and muddy, I mean muddy where you will need extra clothes after driving and winching from deep muddy holes. Adding extra clothes is my recommendation to anyone going. Wooohooo!

Camp is set, got my pelican cooler, and coffee has been raised to a whole new level. Getting dark out, spotted quite a few yotas, will take pics in the sunlight.

Rice, why is it that when you add 20 lbs of ice to the cooler, the cooler then translates that to 50 lbs? Must be some "cooler physics anomalies"

IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG

I'm planning to be down there for the day on Saturday. Slight possibility of also camping that night, but most likely will need to head back to Winston instead. Looking forward to the HAM class in the afternoon.

Rob, FYI, I am all the way to the north against the tree line. Not the quietest area but peer pressure got me. The south is sparse and quiet, lotsa trees too. I met some of the HAM guys, they saw my truck antenna and recognized it as a hammie, nice guys.

The trails were very wet. I made it up Winch Hill on s done attempt without winching, but it was a tricky tricky drive day. More tomorrow

Looks like a good time. I can't wait to get out and do some of this.

Cool land cruiser....

IMG_6487.JPG

Mud and mud

IMG_1920.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG

Final night food and raffle
IMG_6482.JPG

The cooler, I left it in the sun all weekend, opened as often as I needed, and had only added 2 bags of ice, had about a bag of ice left after 4 days.
IMG_6503.JPG

It was a really good time, they had a few classes too, one for Ham radio! I will do this again next year, hope to bring up more ONSC representation in da house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom