2013 Lexus GX460 Basic Build - Daily Driver with Off Road Ability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had her out for the first real test after finishing the work. Did Bowman Lake Road off Highway 20 for some great adventure. Performed better than in could have hoped. Pretty mellow stuff. Only had to go into low twice and both were probably unnecessary. Will push it a bit more next time.One nice dirt hill climb and one good rock climb. No issues on either one.

E164988B-B76B-4A9F-A925-61F0BD9B9A72.jpeg

A56336EB-802E-48B8-AF53-D2D087773516.jpeg

A5ED1EAA-CCDA-4DE8-9968-0C0ECFDECC09.jpeg

8DF65948-140D-470F-AD4D-860F94C0ECF7.jpeg

A3D077CA-398B-40B6-9F9D-792D67FD3184.jpeg

Had her out for the first real test after finishing the work. Did Bowman Lake Road off Highway 20 for some great adventure. Performed better than in could have hoped. Pretty mellow stuff. Only had to go into low twice and both were probably unnecessary. Will push it a bit more next time.One nice dirt hill climb and one good rock climb. No issues on either one.

View attachment 2476396

View attachment 2476397

View attachment 2476398

View attachment 2476399

View attachment 2476400

3D655C6D-2C3D-4FC2-BBDC-E09A59F83C5A.jpeg

8CFE01B6-A4B8-4C1E-BD6E-F1396F11BAF1.jpeg

111DD250-DF7B-4745-A764-1C764A5FED19.jpeg

D1FD1FDE-BD52-4C81-AB84-E9F14E7B5B55.jpeg

43B192CD-93DC-4EB4-AFA6-D5BBD9C6A04E.jpeg

Ooof, that pin striping hurts to see lol. Glad to see that you go it out and had some fun, looks great!

Looks like fun!

Concerning the rockers, your concern seems to be the metal visible and not necessarily the lack of trim filler. Have you considered just touching up the visible bit with a black spray paint to help it blend better?

Looks like you had a blast!

Offtopic, is that the metal tech bumper? If so I have a couple of questions I'd love to throw your way. :)

Right!

Random info but Goat Truck Armor said they’re coming out with a GX460 pattern soon. Should be a decent cost approach to some customization and pin stripe protection, if you’re into that.

Any more details?

My buddy has their kit on his Tacoma, it definitely helps. Where it falls short is in protecting fender flares, window trim, headlights/tail lights, and side mirrors. When you are in the thick brush it doesn't discern between paint or plastic or rubber, it scratches it all lol. Here is a pic of our previous 4Runner after one weekend in Big Bend a few years ago.

vFYCsl5.jpg

Looks like fun!

Concerning the rockers, your concern seems to be the metal visible and not necessarily the lack of trim filler. Have you considered just touching up the visible bit with a black spray paint to help it blend better?
The length along the bottom of the door isn’t as big an issue as the end cap at the front fender well which is exposed and already painted black. I’m ignoring for now, but considering alternatives to to the full rocker panel.

Right!

Random info but Goat Truck Armor said they’re coming out with a GX460 pattern soon. Should be a decent cost approach to some customization and pin stripe protection, if you’re into that.
Didn’t do anything too bad today and most of the stripping can be buffed out. It was really just a bad decision on my part. Saw a fun hill that I knew was overgrown and couldn’t stop myself.

Throw any questions you got. It is the MetalTech.

-How does the grille affix to the bumper?
-What skid plates work with it?
-Can I use Rigid or Baja pods in the fog light / pod mounting holes?
-Same for the light bar.

Pin stripping is a badge of honor! I don't mind pin stripping, I just don't want to buckle any panels.

-How does the grille affix to the bumper?
-What skid plates work with it?
-Can I use Rigid or Baja pods in the fog light / pod mounting holes?
-Same for the light bar.
The grille is still affixed to the existing anchor points and is mounted exactly as it was with the stock bumper. the MetalTech Bumper shell goes around the existing grille. Haven't done skid plates yet, but I understand the ARB will mount with very little bending. I beleive the Rigid or Baja will work, but keep in mind that it is a square bezel and I don't see too many of them. You will definitely want to measure the bezel dimensions and the hole patterns first. I opted to go stage 2 on the bumper which included the LED lights because I didn't want to have to figure out what would fit. The light bar looks a bit easier as it appears that it will fit any of the standard bars.

The grille is still affixed to the existing anchor points and is mounted exactly as it was with the stock bumper. the MetalTech Bumper shell goes around the existing grille. Haven't done skid plates yet, but I understand the ARB will mount with very little bending. I beleive the Rigid or Baja will work, but keep in mind that it is a square bezel and I don't see too many of them. You will definitely want to measure the bezel dimensions and the hole patterns first. I opted to go stage 2 on the bumper which included the LED lights because I didn't want to have to figure out what would fit. The light bar looks a bit easier as it appears that it will fit any of the standard bars.

Thank you for the info. I contacted metal tech and rigid and confirmed the D-series fluffy mounted pods will indeed work. So I’ll likely go ahead and get the metal tech bumper instead of the Ironman primarily because of the no cutting thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom