Builds 2012 Sequoia Limited Build in MN (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

106100 miles, oil change and tire rotation today.

Also replaced the plastic oil filter housing with aluminum. Good to go!

20210731_121626.jpg
20210731_121647.jpg

Very cool! I have the metal body I bought for my Tundra and never used. I went to install it when I did my first oil change and it was already there.

What’s the part number for the metal filter housing?

What a boring vehicle. Updates:

I needed to replace the front blower motor, it started squealing when temps were cold...yawn, easy.

New set of tires on order. 275/55R20 Kenda Klever A/T2 KR 628 XLs. My brother can get them for $170 each from his distributor, can't pass that up for extra load tires. Pics will be posted when installed.

Tire Link: Automotive Tires, Passenger Car Tires, Light Truck Tires, UHP Tires | Automotive | Kenda Tires | Klever A/T2 - https://automotive.kendatire.com/en-us/find-a-tire/onoff-road-off-road/klever-at2/

Changed the oil a few times, replaced the air filter, rotated tires, yawn. Now at 112K miles.

Used it camping / fishing a few times. She Performed so boringly reliable, I wonder why I am even posting this. :)

20220610_205603.jpg
20220611_125226.jpg
20220617_200855.jpg
20220527_162038.jpg
20220701_142801.jpg

Great thread! I've done most of the maintenance things you've done as well, serp belt, plugs, metal oil filter housing, all fluids in diffs, tranny drain and fill. Like you said, boring stuff, great vehicle! :D
I'm at about 124k miles.
One thing I'd like to do is get into the rear hatch and clean and lube the rails for hatch window, just get control of the slight rusting and corrosion going on in there before it starts making things break or lock up and affect my window. I replaced my back up lights with some super bright LED bulbs and I could see into the hatch door through the taillight openings.......there is some rust but nothing crazy.

Last edited:
Got new tires installed! Kenda Klever A/T 2 275/55R20 XL tires installed, alignment and 4 new TPMS. The tires were only $170 each, I couldnt pass that up, most other comperable tires were $240+.

The tires are definitely more aggressive than I though they'd be. Yes, they are louder than the street tires that came with it. I only have 40 miles on them so far, they ride fine and handle well. They almost look like M/T tires.

Will update with my opinion of the tires as I put more miles on them. I tow a boat and larger camper, so keeping the OEM size was important, also wanted to upgrade to XL (extra load) rating.

20220827_142649.jpg
20220827_142713.jpg
20220827_143033.jpg
20220827_142958.jpg
20220827_142704.jpg

I heard a loud metallic rattle when hitting bumps from the RR wheel area today. Found a broken rear coil spring.

I'm now looking for heavy-duty springs that dont increase lift height - any ideas?

The Dobinsons look good, but out of stock. any other ideas?

20221023_123513.jpg

20221023_123555.jpg

I heard a loud metallic rattle when hitting bumps from the RR wheel area today. Found a broken rear coil spring.

I'm now looking for heavy-duty springs that dont increase lift height - any ideas?

The Dobinsons look good, but out of stock. any other ideas?

View attachment 3148417

View attachment 3148418

Awe crap, that stinks. I know there is a company that will make you coil springs to order at your height and size specs and weight requirements but I can’t remember the name of the company.

So apparently Gen 2 sequoia rear suspension coil springs are made of unobtanium. Expensive and/or out of stock, even the OEM springs are horrible.

I decided to go with standard height Dobinsons, but they wont be in until early 2023.

Does anyone have a used / OEM rear spring I could purchase?

Even cheaper and free shipping with code FREESHIP

Thanks for the heads up, but all i have to say is "yeah right"! These are on national backorder. These dealers do not have them in stock, and the ETA is TBD. The springs are on a ship or stuck in a port. Dealers have no ETA.

A little late to the party--but beauty of a rig! Question: With all the towing you do, why would you not want the rear to sit a bit more proud? When you tow heavy, it looks like she squats here tail about an inch/two on the lowish side? I imagine it to be worse when loaded? Have you considered inflatible air bags or a thin rear coil spacer? I am working this all out myself with my installer b/c I am getting lifted and want the rear higher than the front for when I am heavy/towing so I can reduce/control squat.

A little late to the party--but beauty of a rig! Question: With all the towing you do, why would you not want the rear to sit a bit more proud? When you tow heavy, it looks like she squats here tail about an inch/two on the lowish side? I imagine it to be worse when loaded? Have you considered inflatible air bags or a thin rear coil spacer? I am working this all out myself with my installer b/c I am getting lifted and want the rear higher than the front for when I am heavy/towing so I can reduce/control squat.
Good observation. I have timberen's in there and installing the dobinsons rear springs soon. Most of the pics with trailer were from before I had the timbrens installed, or the WDH dialed in.

Good observation. I have timberen's in there and installing the dobinsons rear springs soon. Most of the pics with trailer were from before I had the timbrens installed, or the WDH dialed in.

Were you able to find the Dobinson's in stock? I ordered my 1.75" a month ago from a popular distributor but they are backordered from the factory in Australia, I was told maybe by end of November. Once I get the Dobbies in, my stock springs are free to whoever wants them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom