Events/Trails 200's in Breckenridge - Summer 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I were to start over on a build knowing what I know now, here's the build:

1) sliders
2) lift and 34" tires--Nitto ridge grapplers are the best tire I've ever owned. IMO the cheaper OME is the way to go--I've seen no tangible benefits on the expensive suspension setups (im willing to admit I could not have all the info, but my OME 2.5" lift has been fantastic in 2.5 years of hard wheeling.)
3) front bumper with winch-warn 9.5 or stronger. The warn 9.5 has been flawless for me. Synthetic winch line is a must.
------
Those mods would get you anywhere (and back!) From there I would go:

4) rear tire carrier--not a full on rear bumper. The rear bumpers available only reduce your departure angle and add a lot of weight. Just scrape the factory plastic if you have to. If you want a rear bumper though, go with Slee--not ARB.
5) from here it's all gravy: more armor, rear locker, snorkel, onboard air, etc.

Good question Ixid and thanks for the response Canyonero.

I'm curious to hear other's opinions on the lift. What OME setup are you running? Did you change your UCAs as well?

Great looking Cruiser by the way. Love it.

Good question Ixid and thanks for the response Canyonero.

I'm curious to hear other's opinions on the lift. What OME setup are you running? Did you change your UCAs as well?

Great looking Cruiser by the way. Love it.

I have the OME setup as well, heavy springs in front, medium in rear. Stock UCAs. ARB front bumper w/ Warn winch, stock rear bumper with Goose Gear drawer setup and ARB fridge. When these tires are done (275s on stock wheels) I'll go up a size for a touch more ground clearance.

WOW, is all I can say about this trip! A huge thanks to the organizers and sponsors of this event! You guys did a great job and it is very much appreciated. This was the best road trip I've taken in my life and can't wait for the next one! It was great meeting new faces and associating them to their mud usernames. Truly epic, and I'm sitting here at work wishing I was on the trails with you guys. :)

-Dan

WOW, is all I can say about this trip! A huge thanks to the organizers and sponsors of this event! You guys did a great job and it is very much appreciated. This was the best road trip I've taken in my life and can't wait for the next one! It was great meeting new faces and associating them to their mud usernames. Truly epic, and I'm sitting here at work wishing I was on the trails with you guys. :)

-Dan

Your post reflects my thoughts as well! It was great wheeling with you...doing lunch...and meeting your family!
Sorry your son ended up so sick during the trip, but I'm glad you all managed to have fun anyway. Glad you all made it this year!

-Mark(uson) :hillbilly::steer:

Last edited:
Thanks Mark, it was great wheeling with you and Julie as well! Definitely great times and thanks for the kind words. Brayden is still not out of the woods yet, still waiting on some bloodwork to determine what exactly he has.. :(

Here's half a dozen landscape shots from our trip. See more (and bigger) here: Utah and Four-Corners Area - themirrorpool

070817_UCTO_Landscapes-7041.jpg
070817_UCTO_Landscapes-7090.jpg
070817_UCTO_Landscapes-7113.jpg
070817_UCTO_Landscapes-7243.jpg
070817_UCTO_Landscapes-7299.jpg

4) rear tire carrier--not a full on rear bumper. The rear bumpers available only reduce your departure angle and add a lot of weight. Just scrape the factory plastic if you have to. If you want a rear bumper though, go with Slee--not ARB.

I don't know that Slee's rear bumper reduces your departure angle. This year I was scraping the muffler well before I was scraping plastic.

I don't know that Slee's rear bumper reduces your departure angle. This year I was scraping the muffler well before I was scraping plastic.

That could be true, but in talking to Christo about his bumper, he said it's not possible to actually increase the departure angle because of the frame. Maybe it's a wash.

IMG_2599.JPG

As many others have stated, I really appreciate the effort put forth to bring this event together especially @Canyonero and @codyaustin5. We had a great time, and it reinforced why this event and gathering of LC owners is so special. We're already looking forward to next year's trip!

UCWJsb4eNtTMv8yQL0FTs4OLU4A3nUOYPP0jTI0ib6bto9rOGfuuXg5kJ43mOU77wmPu5BhVjzNc8vwqWe6QEeuG6qVyRPFAmHtrcsu_qhCWm6vbrGKEDvtEr8saN3MfeZaBnjlA9Gh-3rJAK9kY2MARRCrphAffr638fuprCZThvi-aEJ3LNjEUP1fP8WWDO8fl7x4f_O9kEixclR81M43Zf2g9NpAGMMeDFhu_E58I3RzTo0iYaPxZ4MeH0y0q161R1L4MeuRAkUufLfIZcSbPT7UZ52wUFpqFWmzkmuFiwNq-i0AyboP7VipjvuiVTu1FaYSGe7H0VfCxVAaiQylEfvu_gBzEfQD_063frZJ6pUKXUkREK7y1IyrhrHyiAcIncX39iEvtN576YjY7jBGhJioUFv7PH_HUYpgoa9zIfXfysl-NjdyU3YMktcI3ClaEaU-4CPzLn4POJiOITf01DHptiON-L7Dg2TO3xP48rNkYiJGhtWgmUtJqWKvm1PbmVBs5lESxUsWWtVQtLzQwYpdcPrAQWV-9-i42H-DI-ZO7nrqlEiTWYhkKxOppbQw4wbHJJa4C4JRUvHXDQu990OkoTVX7nvDmiV3YDYIBgrpLP27qmYiOrt1Yt3bMHeslxC0x-shC5fGJW4gzaCsart9nrNdUf3Xu1AjGHVuqeg=w1262-h946-no

8W25DI8dB8NfpJWt3XkJwo7XKEfc1efyAOTHeFlOxSljDLhmaPwvDyfK8JlxdUJ9-ShvFZtpaqkSlkh8woRRKXnBAPTp7EXTEoOcHkJP974cOoq1oBxUqTjuK_KBM2ezUBVZhr87KLqYeO93LQc_EX42G0XCA4Cru-BqXryi3my05bIrBftsjr_cCg7RbtWunKGd2hocMCbgz8lq7zg6aQBsfI_sGUYw2QBEspdpEQkIZ5uG0GA9unmJ9M04Di65plaYoY6F_7prh7K-2P63EUadp0kZBQNvUFp82ldXKlMuN9VOPz16DVfV1A-LLmsOQWSf4MUpFI-7b2FVp76i7PsmjeLIy5pypGKmyJNKWbMtLcBrN_3NV38xbnXOxGmVCD6Q0yB46nD6gA8uBi16z35K_i330Gl96TF9UY_yhhqlfxPe1FRTE-7Ntq5J-t-KWOCF95ZAslimMRX7IYYVjvENpFdOypD66krd2eJJfo36ctnRsUx3a0QKo7ktAzdgBDHtsnYXfkTC23wWcY8oBzSWukGfRvP68cd_vhr6sycH9C9YnJWZwxjwzWIJNwMX5iLcAPQFFVoSC6z9J-qFKzwY6wL6t7Vj8-9AKAwttUjVSnU5dlXxfmx7oNI0Th1gm0Zjr7N0rx1cwPJllff6H-Yif-osas6jJThnZzSAf7sbPQ=w1262-h946-no

-VRRRRQn14W-qiTQH6j_9ickHMPm2WklUeb0ljYPjCLt_JhhvrT_V0djGDcrcyZ8kTiEvf988mYDAxQGoANvUXp20qkAg3ckYaB2vVMTw6BiwAgO_xHwktC2H42bK3cKwzv_IZraSRSJivFD-_H8cmMS38eZar4yo6rnVlejlPh_8dRvw98oM5dOyLshZVlXdxaeaHqjSScTLJxnF1yK460tG0z9fjohkxSC1Op8sgzdvDM62Hn6kRdzRoRc80Vx1oKDAd-5B9Hzu50yHqKh3YGFIW0f1i6PoDp36j0ucliJm0dbuOScThSmD9T9T8monBcg_UnvNYuUJIHImZrSVm3msZHmt1kDttzMSWTKjz6-pFTpy3IFTuCmx3ne7W5xUU6aYbynxzPDUZTeTSK_heb1c0XRixqOBWV_O7QFB__8DtSp7NDyI1sBwdxftmWr4X7qUpRiNr-5s_k-aFVMLomnU2kKF1kFmLcdf5x-YSHeZ_M0RN4EK84ut8No89AngfTp4jgEmaO2Bd09N0JTr0Md0AaBR_-HK4x_Ruk8Y-6RlHYPnFGwFT9v0kDIeClGidDJCuOZ0_AePh6qaOqPGR8BmO7nYx9q3LFO93T0TYAtXYoSWNU4NbxHnht9P3J86mBbd-yPbm65ofEpKUye69gepHj4_rKUqKq7eqezUkCGsg=w1718-h946-no

Zo2ZSSoG6vgyT_If1nkTl34R_Mlz_xARPYVYpgoTakZarIeiQkKhiBrtjLpHO6a_vd20QmPBHvcosQ26Tv4MSN_jyano9z8aRhI1UGPaVFS8fSXss5z63l2S6JY7-qtz1jTIFyGj--_jfB6yR7VLvDqlmxhgf7aROeTGymjyQKHWVW7oedkG9UC3OsOQmXkLFdRjdFZOyAr_qzk8mrQm9z-zRnfJc4Vv7uEG-YPR_If5ohFKBJXfHHftrx1eH3LwN2BF8IroVx6iwLOJ5J4jOpCeltohmPbKtfW984m8tY9YqiaGmU5Fm3Cj8qY0swnqLt6RnrvlVaLPgQHO9p070x6xz5U21Qn4WhoWtpeVrh49GNNnqyxcePnaGjfq2R_R6wiC2lJyhhFIHiEisFIpQdcy5at-scYT--98S-iRfH8cG7Ft6Fa6RId4GuwENCKd_5Gv-6nikDK1mbM95UqXrkzFkRehzD0czwkkjxM9xXmvcs1RRRmA2LNb7lt36mN2ui1aE1q8WwhBjAmZ1ybXm7mAVP_ZEo2I5s1B5e9OFle4FUuK9AcrOZ-wgqIqsf0kF5JJgwxqOn668SjRb3PLTiShVnFzKQh50b7NXlZ629y6iq48L5Zh7LpNyfqyvMaJcqOtDXs4aD1XRki-1IQx8K_pVGh6lTDE7yOmxwimfICn5Q=w1920-h708-no

DdGYSHh27SCzDBJP7t_qFnv3wd-ruevSoXiclCE9ECs-dodbJJHvPD52VncpC-qnzX_yFXcvMBXRIM3O-G3NM1KMRdpF-kUUVs89Bi5VuJwLmdT0fHWV4BydZ2BF1ExODMYBO_crlPZqlaxSECAMuv8uF5tmhXxQN1-RCJha8jg4llKzhHR1bFpUfK1qNQ6NcdY7QHIPxq4tCbwNvjxaNROzHYgi7htZB39-N04MbzzdbFOHbD7NQUiLJjJc5NnI_hlxvbqdwJwvHdsATkoUh1KVu587kQwH9ICAONnlRtmY5_vzO_vEXZ7uqU3vCeeYyy7DjZIjsMT-WQ23AdzMqoQh5XaXGgaXHEt43dOZt9V3OFbB5lEQAg_PPq7OL5uvQiatsAfjfBZXDdAU4XornPb9M1OKQ_RRCGy5_UWSzY7JZgUqFc2xs3MyuC_TRn9BVo1rGwmwuOvMj5Gb39X2a0suxCgjLX0fZK96pDY4a9LfAL06KVgpSY7fdQXrAjd3Vg3MjSyg1WgQP1_sNcFmRBUxRJUNdd-oHitT117XeeIKOnFEgquF3P7mPU-V_gpzwtW4E5UF1q9xfDBazJ4V9nx-jy2qy17q2TBoR5oudNPwQ58q9bGDHzhC97AlNHkZQ9Sq99g2WueNY4I77cH-1f9Ob56O2tc1MZDFlE37lYKGeg=w1920-h487-no

Amazing pictures, looks like a fun trip. Any insight on having all these 200s together on what made for the best mods? Any wheels/tires/suspension really stand out? How did the LX compare to the LC?

Agree with what others have said. I have Slee front/rear/sliders/gerry can holder/tire mount and running 33 BFG A/Ts and had no real issues aside from one spot on Deer Creek Trail where I wasnt paying attention bc of the largest bull moose I have seen.

These trails are all doable stock (IMO) with stock applications, but the rear bumper def took more of a beating than the front (my one oopsie on DCT). That being said, there was a bit of side striping from the alders/bushes along creeks and apparently a bad root on Middle Fork (one of the forks). FWIW I didnt air down on any trails (forgot my pump and it's not installed yet) and I was fine.

Mark,

Thank you for the pics. Wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped out and assisted. I know Don't remember everyone's name, but you can see yourself in the pictures. I know the ARB guys were behind me winching and Christo and Amory from Slee were helping out. Thank you again.

Everyone talks about upgrades that they want to make. My wife was in the passenger seat. She loves the scenery of the mountain tops, snow, animals, mining ruins, stream, etc. She does not like rock crawling or anything dangerous. She knows I don't have a lift or sliders. I bought my 200 in May and have not done anything to it. It came withe the ARB front and rear and the winch. I Wanted to see everyone else's 200's in person to decide what I wanted to do to mine.

This situation was an accident. We has just gone through a mud hole and then some water, so the tires were full of mud and wet. I got my running board stuck on the rock and my tires spinning, so I backed out. I had my wheels cut yo go back into the middle of the trail, but they slipped off the rocks and the front right tire was of the trail. As you can see, this was not a big deal, but my wife was scared to death. After it was all overhe said, " you are getting sliders and a lift!" Moral to the story, scare the crap out of your wife and she will demand you get those upgrades.

Mark,

Thank you for the pics. Wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped out and assisted. I know Don't remember everyone's name, but you can see yourself in the pictures. I know the ARB guys were behind me winching and Christo and Amory from Slee were helping out. Thank you again.

Everyone talks about upgrades that they want to make. My wife was in the passenger seat. She loves the scenery of the mountain tops, snow, animals, mining ruins, stream, etc. She does not like rock crawling or anything dangerous. She knows I don't have a lift or sliders. I bought my 200 in May and have not done anything to it. It came withe the ARB front and rear and the winch. I Wanted to see everyone else's 200's in person to decide what I wanted to do to mine.

This situation was an accident. We has just gone through a mud hole and then some water, so the tires were full of mud and wet. I got my running board stuck on the rock and my tires spinning, so I backed out. I had my wheels cut yo go back into the middle of the trail, but they slipped off the rocks and the front right tire was of the trail. As you can see, this was not a big deal, but my wife was scared to death. After it was all overhe said, " you are getting sliders and a lift!" Moral to the story, scare the crap out of your wife and she will demand you get those upgrades.

LOL! I must admit, my wife doesn't like rock crawling either. The problem is that I can hold on to the steering wheel, I know what the vehicle is about to do and I control it. She has none of that. Only the grab handles. So she is not a fan of bouncing around a lot. But if those sections are relatively short she is good. And she is much better on shelf roads than me! I want to keep her excited about going with me so we'll be sticking to tame trails. For me, the sliders and lift (eventually) and stronger tires are for those unavoidable and unplanned scenarios. Others seem to look for opportunities to test out all their upgrades. ;)

@Dan Higgins , my wife has the same problem. she gets car sick, so sitting in the passenger seat just jumbles her around. the solution we found was to let her drive as much as possible. last year at Ouray, she drove 40% of the time. I drove black bear, all kinds of freaked out by the drop, she was fine with it. next day in a creek bed bouncing over smallish rocks, she was freaked out....
it all payed off. She came back this year and wound up driving poison spider and golden spike in Moab.

Not sure this is the solution for everybody, not all the significant others are interested/willing to give it a go, but if they are willing, give it a go!

@Dan Higgins , my wife has the same problem. she gets car sick, so sitting in the passenger seat just jumbles her around. the solution we found was to let her drive as much as possible. last year at Ouray, she drove 40% of the time. I drove black bear, all kinds of freaked out by the drop, she was fine with it. next day in a creek bed bouncing over smallish rocks, she was freaked out....
it all payed off. She came back this year and wound up driving poison spider and golden spike in Moab.

Not sure this is the solution for everybody, not all the significant others are interested/willing to give it a go, but if they are willing, give it a go!

If not for fear or motion sickness...it's also good to get your co-pilot at least a LITTLE comfortable driving in case something happens to you and you can't drive out! Julie is NOT eager at all to drive my 200 on the street, much less over rocks...but we've been talking about getting her up to speed. It's all about knowing where your wheels are, gear-braking and a general sense for physics...and all of that is hard without experience.

Also...she's short, and so the inability to see as well spooks her behind the wheel. She used to get spooked as a passenger, but seeing other rigs navigate the same spots is a huge help to an inexperienced passenger because it lets them see with their own eyes what they are about to do, and the tipping angles these things can handle.

@Markuson , we were kinda thrust into a position of having Aubrey drive :bang:. I was very glad that she has an interest in it.

we raised the seat alllllll....the way up so she could see over the hood better. Once we were in the Jeep, the first big down hill, I told her to get off the brakes and let it ride. She hesitated, I yelled, she got mad.... explained, that in a situation where things can get critical, she has to trust me and follow instructions without hesitation.
You can explain all day, but until you put someone behind the wheel and let the feel what the truck can do, and hopefully not what the truck can't handle, they will not have the confidence to mash the skinny pedal when needed or turn the wheel against what they think is right, based on the spotter.

my way, eh', maybe not the best teaching technique, but it got us through a long day/night in Moab.

and the wife still talks to me. :princess::steer::worms:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom