2008 Land Cruiser Stereo Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please help with this difficult problem. I purchased a 2008 Land Cruiser used about a month ago. Everything seems to be working properly with the exception of the stereo. There is an intermittent problem where the sound system does not put music through the speakers. It seems to be worse when the car is sitting outside in the heat for a while. Sometimes the stereo works perfectly and other times I start the engine, no sound is produced on any setting (FM, AUX, CD, etc..). I try turning radio on and off and it doesn't seem to help. I also try turning off engine and starting again and no help. In fact, when you hit the volume dial the unit turns on, however, turning the volume dial left or right does not register any volume increase or decrease and no number appears to display the volume. All other options are available on the screen. I took it to dealer who replaced AMP and the issue has remained the same. Other times I start the engine (usually when its been in the garage) the unit works perfectly. Once, on a long drive it cut out mid-ride. I'm not sure if anyone has an idea of what could be wrong. Ideally, I don't want to purchase another stereo. Thanks for any suggestions!

If you can send me a picture of the head unit I can see if I still have some OEM ones I removed in my warehouse. I have bout 100+ TLC 200 radios. If you pay just for shipping cost (UAE to NC, USA) I can ship it to you.

image.jpeg
If you can send me a picture of the head unit I can see if I still have some OEM ones I removed in my warehouse. I have bout 100+ TLC 200 radios. If you pay just for shipping cost (UAE to NC, USA) I can ship it to you.

Checking to see if a solution was found for your issue. I have a '14 200 Series LC and am having a similar issue. Nav and all of the on- screen functions of the radio appear to work, but sound is intermittent. Seems like I hear a audible click similar to an amp cutting in or out from time to time. When the unit is on and the sound has cut out, turning the volume dial does nothing and there is no indication on the screen that the volume is being changes. If the sound is working, the screen displays volume being changed. Any guidance or help would be appreciated. If sound is not working, turning the radio off and then on does not solve the problem. Thanks!

Did you guys figure this out?i am having the same problem.
I had a similar problem on my 08 LC200. Sound would go out intermittently, especially when hot and sunny out. Toyota replaced AMP at $600 with absolutely no benefit. I sent it to Todd radio and electronics in Greensboro NC and they determined that there was an aftermarket television In the rear entertainment system and that Some of the oem electronics had been jammed in the roof. These would overheat when it got hot and trigger the system to turn off the audio. I had to order an oem television from Ukraine as the Toyota units were like $5000 or something ridiculous. Since that was installed I haven’t had a problem since for several years

I was able to solve my problem as outlined here: 2014-intermittent-radio-sound.1059080
Pulling, cleaning and replacing the fuse solve my issue, but others were not so fortunate. I've had no issues since pulling, cleaning and replacing with the same fuse.

Best of luck,
Chuck

Do you know which fuses? I checked all of them all were good.
If I remember correctly, the specific fuse I pulled is in the thread that I quoted. All my fuses were good also, but the connections had some light corrosion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom