2014 Intermittent Radio Sound

Discussion in '200-Series Cruisers' started by Rhoman, May 15, 2018.

1. Rhoman

Rhoman

I have a '14 200 Series LC and am having an intermittent issue with the entertainment system. Nav and all of the on-screen functions of the radio appear to work, but sound is intermittent. Seems like I hear a audible click similar to an amp cutting in or out from time to time. When the unit is on and the sound has cut out, turning the volume dial does nothing and there is no indication on the screen that the volume is being changed. If the sound is working, the screen displays volume being changed. I never loose access to any of the individual screens - just no sound from time to time. If sound is not working, turning the radio off and then on does not solve the problem. Turning the vehicle off and then on does not solve the problem. Any guidance or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. jamesbe

jamesbe

Check your battery!

Had this happen to me, was the battery. Seems to be an odd Toyota/Lexus thing where the first thing that goes is the sound.

3. Rhoman

Rhoman

Thank you for the reply. I have a less than 1 yr old properly sized odyssey battery and the charging system appears to be working properly. Unfortunately, I think battery and electrical system are working as they should. A new battery would be a welcome quick fix.

Has anyone had any problems with the amp cutting in and out?

4. thechief24

thechief24

Same issue here on my 08 LC. It seems to be getting worse, yesterday I had no sound at all for a while and the volume knob does nothing. My concern is that it's going to get expensive to start throwing parts at it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

5. Rhoman

Rhoman

I had no sound today. This afternoon I pulled the 30 amp fuse for the Amp and it was not blown. Replace the same fuse in proper location, started engine. Radio sound worked. It will be interesting to see for how long.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.