2006 LX470 VGRS, VSC,VSCOFF LIGHTS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,everyone,
New to the group, just begin to working on my 470, it has 3 lights right now, vsc vscoff vgrs,drive ok but it keep puzzled me for a long time, i used read cod c1289 and i cant clean it. hope you guys have some idea about this cod, i checked fuses, made an aligments and tried to manually recreate vgrs ecu but not working, if you have any idea or you have same problem, please let me know. Thank you

I have the same issue. Here’s another thread that may help.

I have the same issue. Here’s another thread that may help.

did you fixed it? i went to lexus dealer last week , becasue i have a aftermaket remote start they dont want me to do the recall and they didnt even find the obd2 because it covered by floor mat... right now i removed the starter and try to find something i can do by my self. by the way my truck is from US, Canada dealer dont wantto takecare it。。。

Nope, still an issue. my mechanic couldn’t clear the code with tech stream. He’s going to try the detailed reset option at some point. I’m not inclined to spend the big $$$$ to fix it, and it drives fine. Now I’m dealing with a check engine light, running lean, so I having that looked at this week.

Nope, still an issue. my mechanic couldn’t clear the code with tech stream. He’s going to try the detailed reset option at some point. I’m not inclined to spend the big $$$$ to fix it, and it drives fine. Now I’m dealing with a check engine light, running lean, so I having that looked at this week.
Okay thanks I will try to fix it this weekend if I got the mini vci, if not probably I will just disconnect ecu to make vsc lights off

3f36e755e2c9bbd7763c2e4e58f526a.jpg
4fbe6c37d81af711476499d263d0a84.jpg

You do have a lot of DTC. The wheel speed sensors and ABS DTC, many be low battery or a ground issue. It may also be computer. I need a little more sense of what your vehicle is like

Is this 06LX new to you and came with these problems?
How many miles/kilometres on the odometer?
What all aftermarket electrical, wiring stuff do you have?
Does it have a rusty undercarriage and or body panels?
Does is have a good battery?

Please post pictures of wires under the dash above drives foot well?
Please post pictures of battery, engine compartment and undercarriage?

Also do this test: With hood open.
  1. Pump brake pedal 40 time with key off.
  2. Take picture of brake fluid reservoir level.
  3. Turn key ON (do not start), at same time as key turned ON, use your phone to time how many seconds you can hear the brake booster pump run. You should see the brake fluid drop in reservoir while pump is runs. How many second did pump run?

This 06 is new to me , when i buy it it already have those lights, i thought it is because it has been parking over a year, it has 274000 km on the odomerter , with a 2 inch lift and 33 ko2. also bumper and winch. nothing really rusty now and i just put a new battery 2 monts ago, when i try to read the cod and working on the car, the battery dead once , maybe is because of that. i can post more picture tomorrow,right now i just cant do anything to correct the steering angle.

Tech support recommends, turning it off then back on again. Also, have you tried driving in a straight line? I think those lights do come on after a battery disconnect, and driving it can reset them.

This 06 is new to me , when i buy it it already have those lights, i thought it is because it has been parking over a year, it has 274000 km on the odomerter , with a 2 inch lift and 33 ko2. also bumper and winch. nothing really rusty now and i just put a new battery 2 monts ago, when i try to read the cod and working on the car, the battery dead once , maybe is because of that. i can post more picture tomorrow,right now i just cant do anything to correct the steering angle.
After new battery installed. Did you clear all DTC, then see what if any came back?

I did not do any work to my 03's VGRS. My steering wheel was not centered, and would not during driving. I saw the VRGS snap ring out of position, check VIN for recall, let dealership do recall. I then only needed to set angle. Before recall DTC would not clear.

Run you VIN #, for recalls first thing!

Tech support recommends, turning it off then back on again. Also, have you tried driving in a straight line? I think those lights do come on after a battery disconnect, and driving it can reset them.
He's more than a flashing VGRS, which short dr clears. He VCS OFF and solid VGRS IIRC. He also has a ton of DTC. Some DTC are likely due to weak battery. Which when cleared likely will not return.

He's more than a flashing VGRS, which short dr clears. He VCS OFF and solid VGRS IIRC. He also has a ton of DTC. Some DTC are likely due to weak battery. Which when cleared likely will not return.
i did the airbag one this week, vgrs need to wait for the tools...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom