2006 Black LC baseline and build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Almost done putting my front end back together before HIH. Ended up doing a lot of overhauling.

Banged up the needle bearing while pulling out the CV on the Passenger Side (doh) so ended up with this list of repairs:
New needle bearing, new bushing, new seal
Upper Ball Joint reboot
Lower Ball Joint reboot
CV Joint Reboot
Wheel Bearings replaced
New dust cover seal and flange between knuckle and dust cover
Rotors turned

Lesson learned to be gentle pulling out the CV so on the Drivers side I got to skip the needle bearing and bushing replacement but the outer seal on the knuckle was worn so I replaced that. Also did:
Upper Ball Joint reboot
Lower Ball Joint reboot
CV Joint Reboot
Wheel Bearings replaced
New dust cover seal and flange between knuckle and dust cover
Rotors turned

I replaced everything that attaches to the front sway bar... new bushings, bolts, brackets, etc. The only thing I didn't replace was the bar.

I also did as much rust control as I could do while I was in there, lots of POR15 prep and paint.

I wish I took more pictures of the process, but I was really just trying to get it done. I do have these two from the bearing races. I didn't like the discoloration (sort of bronzed) and the lines. I had 2 bearing kits from cruiser outfitters on the shelf so I just put new bearings in to be safe:

IMG_5445.jpg

IMG_5446.jpg

This weekend I start on the rear, just plan on putting in King springs and refurbing the rear sway bar.

Metal tech sliders installed. Powder coated evo grey to match the trim and bumper. I used some plastic spacers that I had left over from a pergo floor install to set the gap between the slider and the body.

Foreman inspecting the job:

C5434411-20E4-42F0-A5A9-BA3DD4BE36FC.jpeg

16AC00A5-523A-483A-8E82-EDC88D2D2019.jpeg

3046B32F-06A0-4382-BD49-CCDCD5E92168.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom