2006 4Runner - 17" TRD wheels - Tire ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gang, Please forgive me... i'm sure it's been asked 100's of times, but I'll ask again since I've been away a few months and the Advance Search seems to have changed into something less friendly...

My son is getting his mom's 2006 4Runner Limited and we're going to dress it up a little. We plan on buying a set of 2019 4Runner TRD wheels (17 x 7.5) for the truck and I'm looking to install a good set of tires to help get rid of the mom-mobile look for him. What do you recommend with a stock/mild suspension lift with no body lift? Not sure about suspension yet, we'll see. Also, this is a V6 truck...

Links to threads that may help is also appreciated!

Thanks for any input!

Switching to those wheels will require wheel spacers or trimming the caliper. The offset of the new wheels is different. You have a limited which means the larger rotor and caliper which won't clear.

Ask me how I know....

Any all terrain tire will do just fine to give the truck a better look. Beware of E rated tires which will lower around 2 mpg. Stick with C rated tires.

I would be extremely surprised if you would have to use a spacer or grind the caliper. Limited brakes are the same as t4r sports and GX470S and there are a ton of people running 17” trd wheels. I ran FJ Cruiser wheels on my old t4r sport, that little bit of offset makes a big difference in looks.
I would get 265/70/17, assuming you don’t want to lift. I had Falkens atw3 on my t4r. I have Terra Grappler G2s on my GX470. I prefer the Falkens. The new Toyo AT3 looks like a nice tire.

Watch for the Discount Tire Memorial Day sale coming soon

Up to 15% off while using their CC

I like the Goodyear Ultra Terrain shown here in LT 265-70x17s (31.8")

PxEhfyb.jpg

2019 stock 4Runner and Tacoma 17" wheels require spacers on the front Sport and Limited larger brake calipers. Fact. I literally have them on my 08 sport edition right now. I installed them last weekend and couldn't figure out why they were touching until I found out the backspacing is different.

The 17x7.5" wheel has a different offset.

I'm seeing he is going for TRD wheels. Are those different that what comes on the 4runners stock right now?

These don't fit:
1589382094252.png

That’s weird, seems like a pretty common swap for all 4th Gens and GX470s. Limiteds and Sports have the same brakes as GX470s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom