Builds 2005 Sequoia Limited Build Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I actually cut the brackets about 1" shorter/closer to the truck. I'll take a Pic shortly for you

20210318_084031.jpg

20210318_084045.jpg

20210318_084051.jpg

Recently made a new roof rack. Used Unistrut for the base supports. Ubolted to the Yakima bars. 3d printed caps for the unistrut ends. Used expanded #9 powdercoated for the platform. The unistrut works great for lots of tie down and mounting points. I bolted the platform down for easy removal.

20210318_084058.jpg

20210318_084112.jpg

20210318_084132.jpg

Recently made a new roof rack. Used Unistrut for the base supports. Ubolted to the Yakima bars. 3d printed caps for the unistrut ends. Used expanded #9 powdercoated for the platform. The unistrut works great for lots of tie down and mounting points. I bolted the platform down for easy removal.

View attachment 2617885

View attachment 2617886

View attachment 2617887

Just read pages 1-7. Looks good! I'm definitely interested in how you mount that ladder on the top? I know you said velcro but could you elaborate or take some more pics? Also, in your opinion, what is the minimum lift height that you should go to the diff drop? 2"? This 4wd stuff has me going like Puffy... Can't stop, won't stop, uuhh uh uuuu uh...

Just read pages 1-7. Looks good! I'm definitely interested in how you mount that ladder on the top? I know you said velcro but could you elaborate or take some more pics? Also, in your opinion, what is the minimum lift height that you should go to the diff drop? 2"? This 4wd stuff has me going like Puffy... Can't stop, won't stop, uuhh uh uuuu uh...
I would put them on at 2", seems to be the internet consensus. The ladder has a break at the top that bends over the gate seam and has the velcro underneath. On the bottom, there is a break and it clamps to another piece of metal from the back with screws, also velcro. I'll snap some pics later today if I can remember. Took 3 different iterations until I got it dialed in.

Last edited:
I would put them on at 2", seems to be the internet consensus. The ladder has a break at the top that bends over the gate seem and has the velcro underneath. On the bottom, there is a break and it clamps to another piece of metal from the back with screws, also velcro. I'll snap some pics later today if I can remember. Took 3 different iterations until I got it dialed in.

20210320_090310.jpg

20210320_090325.jpg

20210320_092242.jpg

20210320_092250.jpg

20210320_090321.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Im going to try to do wheel alignment after all that I have done. I have the same suspension as you except that I have dobinson shocks in the rear but the front is the same with bilstein shocks on the lowest notch. Can you please post some pics of your camber bolts so I can see the position of the plate?

Thanks for the photos. Im going to try to do wheel alignment after all that I have done. I have the same suspension as you except that I have dobinson shocks in the rear but the front is the same with bilstein shocks on the lowest notch. Can you please post some pics of your camber bolts so I can see the position of the plate?
I have Toytec Coilovers in the front with TC UCAs. If you are running 5100s on the lowest notch and stock UCAs, your alignment should be pretty darn close to stock.

Did a muffler delete after a baffle came loose. Love the sound... Classic v8. Left the resonator on for now, drilled a hole in the bottom of it to let out about a gallon of water.

View attachment 2634542

Nice. Why do these things produce so much water? Mine drips like a son of a bitch out here in AZ. We have 10% relative humidity. First day we owned ours I thought maybe a stuck injector until I put my hand in it. I've never seen an exhaust produce water like this 4.7, it's weird. Maybe the ethanol content?

What position did u put the USP ball joints. Was it D as recommended or A. If Im not mistaken, did u have front bilstein shocks with 2885 springs before u put the toyotech coils. Can u please tell me what was the position of the upper ball joints before and after if you tried more than one position. I have front bilsteins with 2885 springs on lowest notch. Im taking mu car tomorrow for alignment and currently i have the upper UCA ball joint on A for maximum caster.

What position did u put the USP ball joints. Was it D as recommended or A. If Im not mistaken, did u have front bilstein shocks with 2885 springs before u put the toyotech coils. Can u please tell me what was the position of the upper ball joints before and after if you tried more than one position. I have front bilsteins with 2885 springs on lowest notch. Im taking mu car tomorrow for alignment and currently i have the upper UCA ball joint on A for maximum caster.
I do not have adjustable ucas. And no I never had the bilstein's.

I dig the rig. The suspension is right on for me. Do you know the model of the rear shocks? Was it the Rancho RS999208?

Wanted to share a product I just purchased at Walmart of all places... Bored doing grocery shopping and walked through the car section and saw these. For $13.88 I went ahead and gave them a shot. I already had homemade brackets, but I was bored so I thought I'd install and review for others. They work great, no cutting of anything, I removed the little tab on the clamp screws so each individual screw grabbed by itself. They are very sturdy and can open the hood without any problem. For under $30, I recommend

20210613_190922.jpg

20210613_180107.jpg

20210613_180112.jpg

20210613_182118.jpg

20210613_180657.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom