Builds 2005 Sequoia Limited Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the switch panel. Are you selling these yet? How do I go about getting one?

Awesome. Thanks for sharing man. I was thinking of putting these lights on my car. They are also great back up in case your head lights suddenly go out. I would also like to hear the sound of your sequoia with the new exhaust. Do you have a video?

Couple questions for ya if you don’t mind. I lifted my 07 recently with just adjustable bilstien on the front and 2862 coils/longer shocks on the rear.

Getting some clanging noises from the front during bumps and cracks in the road. Any thoughts? You did some great work on your lift!

Also, how does one do the chrome delete? Thanks!

Couple questions for ya if you don’t mind. I lifted my 07 recently with just adjustable bilstien on the front and 2862 coils/longer shocks on the rear.

Getting some clanging noises from the front during bumps and cracks in the road. Any thoughts? You did some great work on your lift!

Also, how does one do the chrome delete? Thanks!
Sway bar end links maybe. Tie rods, dust shields, upper/lower ball joint, need to check for play in all these components. I just plastidipped my chrome and removed badges I didn't want. Thanks for checking out the thread

Got bored again and redid the exhaust. 2 Flowmaster FX turned down before the rear axle. Welded to the original flanges for easy removal. unfortunatly they didn't have enough stainless so had to use some crap that will probably rust, but will give me something to do again in a few years.

20211111_093507.jpg

20211111_093522.jpg

Got bored again and redid the exhaust. 2 Flowmaster FX turned down before the rear axle. Welded to the original flanges for easy removal. unfortunatly they didn't have enough stainless so had to use some crap that will probably rust, but will give me something to do again in a few years.

View attachment 2836135

View attachment 2836136
Looks good... Last time I did dumps before rear axle was for a 91 Coupe Foxbody - ha, ha.. are you getting any of that annoying droning noise?

Yeah there's some drone for sure, but nothing terrible. I had it straight piped for a week or so and then y piped into one muffler with the stock resinator and now this. One muffler with resinator was the quietest of the 3, but it felt like I lost power with forcing into one muffler, feels more free now. It's not a daily driver so I don't mind the noise.

Really enjoyed the build quality in this thread. I just picked up my first Sequoia. I keep asking myself where it's been all my life LOL. I am working on mild upgrades and getting it lined out mechanically with some simple stuff (CATS were stolen, timing belt done, etc...) Then I'll start with some other fun stuff. Man, these are just so well built from Toyota. I'll never go back to GMC or Ford again....and I never thought I'd say that LOL

Last edited:
Starting up some maintenance and long overdue items. Ordered a new OEM rack with outer tie rods, should be here next week. Replaced valve covers and installed new OEM coils. Gas mileage went up one MPG after the coils so that was nice. One was pretty bad all were cracked. Will be doing the timing belt water pump and belt tensioner in the next few months as well. New powers top rotors again (warped after 5 years) pads all around, previous z36 pads were only halfway worn with 36k miles. Also on the lookout for a new set of 34s

20231013_124400.jpg

Last edited:
While installing the rack I noticed all 4 bushings on my lower control arms were torn pretty badly. New bushings were close to $400 plus having to fight the removal and install, Parts Deal had all new arms with bushings installed for $570 shipped so I went that route. Will hopefully not have an issue with the cam bolts.

I'll be surprised if you don't have to cut most or all of the cams/bolts out. I'd pre-buy the parts from your local Toyota dealer and take them back if you don't need them.

Good thread. I'm also thinking of leaving the 80 series world behind. Since I don't have kids to haul, I'm also thinking of the single cab short bed 2nd gen Tundra. I don't think they're very common though. I see one around here from time to time, and it's an interesting size overall. A "mini" big truck.

Good thread. I'm also thinking of leaving the 80 series world behind. Since I don't have kids to haul, I'm also thinking of the single cab short bed 2nd gen Tundra. I don't think they're very common though. I see one around here from time to time, and it's an interesting size overall. A "mini" big truck.
I hear you

It pains me to leave LC, but 2g Tundra is a better fit for my needs.

I’m waiting on a new 2024 Landcruiser as a replacement for my Tundra, but will be keeping my 1st Gen Sequoia for sure. Gray 1st gens are where it’s at! :grinpimp:

Cost of maintenance on an 80 or 100 is getting ridiculous as they age. At least as a DD. If you use one as a toy, and don’t rack up the miles, it’s a bit better.
32114ACB-0177-4104-B8C0-51DEBD5A7F98.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom