Builds 2001 LC HZJ78 AK -RESTORATION- For Overland (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This was my Xhristmas present for the next 10 years hahaha delivered at my door Alu-cab Hercules

IMG_5620.jpg

Last edited:
Some progress this weekend! it's all small steps but we are making progress. This week will continue sandblasting the windshield the black stuff needs to come out same on the floor where I found some trace of rush

IMG_5927.jpeg

IMG_5924.jpeg

Rear Window out and the door is back to metal

IMG_5923.jpeg

The driver side door is near completion we are waiting on the rear quarter panel to finish 100%

IMG_5926.jpeg

Still, a lot of work to be done hopefully we can sort out the wiring issues shortly

After taking off the passenger rear quarter panel we found something very interesting we knew the truck had some issue on this side but we never thought of an AK attack I counted 9 bullets holes in the inner quarter all near the fuel tanks and one top of the roof... I knock for a fact this truck was a Medic at some point in Georgia

I'll be posting more pictures of the fitment of the quarter later one basically it was to much Job to redo the old one and blaster everything to bring one from Dubai

IMG_5999.jpg
IMG_5998.jpeg

IMG_6001.jpeg

IMG_6003.jpeg

This came in Today another project to work on. I will be fitting the planted bracket with the swivel and drill press some hole in the swivel to make the seat rail aligned
The driver side will need to be elevated as well to clear the handbrake!

SWIVEL .jpg

One side has been done for the chassis lift, looks simple but it's not... The set I purchase is a 2-inch lift only for the upper chassis, not the lower one also the "pucks" are straight and shouldn't sit properly in the cup. The set received also did not have a proper hole to fit the Toyota sleeve and no big flat washer too. I manage to trim the edge to fit in the cup, machine halfway to the diameter of the sleeve, then reglued the flat washers

IMG_6226.jpeg

IMG_6234.jpeg

I had purchased this battery tray in Australia last year... they sent me an RHD tray + the tray was supposed to fit a 13.5-inch battery but did not so we had to cut it in 2 to two to get the Odyssey crank Battery to fit. I need to repaint it and drill + weld some support bracket to bolt in the fender. Everything seems to be DYI on this truck :)
IMG_6237.jpeg

IMG_6239.jpg

Last edited:
After some time off I have recently been able to identify my injection pump that will not need to be upgraded since it's the high Altitude one :)

On the other hand, I was cleaning the engine bay, The plug for the alternator is damaged it's okay because I will be putting the new one in soon

Would anyone know what are the wires are?
  1. Ignition 12 volt. (White one?)
  2. Ground (Black & Yellow)?
  3. YELLOW
Thanks
IMG_6260.jpg

Hello,

The differential lock switch has its own housing. In-column switches appeared in 2010.

These part numbers are for a SWB, LHD model year 2006 truck. 70 Series changed little over the years. They should fit in your truck.
  1. Panel/Housing: 55432-60090-S7. Light grey.
  2. Mounting bracket 55381-60020.
  3. Screw: 90164-50008.
Hope this helps.

Juan

Can you believe I am still waiting for the steering colon... crazy wait!

The battery tray coming good missing the lower bracket that will bolt into the fender directly in 2 spots, also made customs brackets to bolts solid every corner
once the lower brack is done I will re-spray this baby and waiting for my inner fenders to be primed and coated to install

Second picture is the final product for the to 2 inch lift + 3 inch suspension can't wait to see the results "_"

IMG_6275.jpeg

IMG_6264.jpeg

IMG_6268.jpeg

The battery tray is pretty much fitted but this was a close call hood that couldn't close we managed to customize the holder to lower the hood. There's one small spacer to be welded tomorrow then painting!

IMG_6294.jpeg

Testing the rock sliders now we are set to make to the positioning of the U bracket we need to fit 3 per sliders on this side 2 are easily done the next one most important on the front is a challenge... because the only space logic is between the cross member where I used the frame to lift the truck... I am using the graded bolt from the chassis to bolt the U brackets to the frame should be very strong more pic next week.

IMG_6295.jpeg

This is from the sprinter van recovery that I will help along the way ;P

IMG_6299.jpeg

I decided to restore my dash while fitting my speakers. Since I have no window it's easy to use SEM Graphite pretty much a perfect match #15303

IMG_6385.jpeg

BEFORE

IMG_6384.jpeg

AFTER

IMG_6386.jpeg

Previous owner had drilled into the pad to fit something so I wrap it Carbone

IMG_6374.jpg

When removing everything from the dash I realized the meter was damaged and the circuit was toasted now brand new with some led bulb too :p

Rock sliders are fitted with one bracket to finish on the exhaust side it's not straight forward I will need to find some catwalk steel for the top cover then send it out for powder coasting along with the bump that we are working on to fit the EVO winch update will come shortly.

We have almost finished blasting the truck now just missing a door, fender, and the hood but this should be finished this weekend then we will prime the first coat... Can't wait...

IMG_6420.jpeg

IMG_6421.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom