200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great! Are these the LT or the P with the SL load range? How is the noise and ride?

Thank you, they are the 116Q SL. I think they are a very nice ride and the road noise I very minimal. I took my dad for a ride to get his thoughts. He is very noise sensitvie. He also agreed that the ride quality was great and noise was very minimal and not noticeable if having a conversation or listening to the radio.
946EB96E-D6BC-4C49-AC63-A7BC21509175.jpeg

That's good to know! It seems like a lot of the tire recommendations on this forum are LT tires and I'd be afraid it would lead to a loud and stiff ride. Would not be worth it for me with 95% of time spent on pavement.

Did you consider any other P rated tires before you settled on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers?

I agree that LT-E in general will have stiffer sidewalls and less compliance. However there are LT-E options out there that can make for a good ride based on other variables.

Tire model is a big part of it. Even among P-metric tires with the same load rating, there's differences in ride quality and NVH.

Specific tire size and geometry affects this. Less sidewall (i.e. keeping stock tires size and not upsizing diameter) and squared off tire geometry against wheels (i.e. 275 width tires on 8" wheels). Upsizing in diameter and width, with more bulging sidewall geometry can promote more compliance.

Tire pressures - my opinion that differs from our resident RCTIP guru, is that LCs are unnecessarily running too high of pressures. When the LX is a heavier base curb weight vehicle, and gets prescribed tires pressures 3-5 PSI lower, based on load rating computations. Suffice to say there are other considerations at play, and even the lower pressures derived from the LX are fully adequate on the LC, as both are 200-series chassis with same GVWR.

My 200-series still rides buttery smooth on account of the variables above. Running Falken AT3Ws in LT305/55r20 load E, at 36psi. Passengers would be hard pressed to perceive anything but factory like ride quality.

Last edited:
Appreciate your insight on this, and it's good to know that there are LT tires out there with "factory like ride quality".

But is there an upside to LT tires for anyone running an otherwise mostly stock LC/LX?

Yes.

Oftentimes, certain up-sized tire sizes are only available in heavier load ratings so there may not be a choice if targeting a specific tire size.

Which may not be great for ride, but it has other benefits as well. Namely puncture resistance, durability, and stability. Durability as the overall construction and sidewalls are more robust. To punctures and abuse. Especially when aired down. Stability also when aired down, but for better handling of heavier built rigs and loads. Even if tires of various load ratings may handle the same final weight, a heavier load rated tire will have rubber compounds and construction that will help it serve a longer useful life with better chip resistance and treadwear.

A lot of words but this may be helpful, even if its a test of different tires rather than load ratings of a specific tire model.

Last edited:
That's an interesting video, thanks for sharing. It's also really underlines how important it is to air down on the trail.

That said, the nitto ridge grappler looks a lot more like the Cooper A/T3 than it looks like the Dunlop in that video. But it's a good point either way.

I really wish there was some sort of standardized tire testing method for grip/ride/noise, so we wouldn't all have to rely on people saying "I have this tire and it's great". Even ConsumerReports (who tests only a handful of AT tires) uses a subjective scoring for noise. The most valuable feedback comes from people who get new tires and report on how they compare to their old ones, but even then we're looking at comparing old tire X with new tire Y.

Hi y'all! I'm receiving delivery of my first Land Cruiser a week from today and I'm understandably excited. The tread on the current tires isn't looking so hot, so I've convinced the missus that we need to put KO2s on it :p

Following the advice of this thread, I plan on buying the KO2s in 285/65/R18 and putting them on the stock wheels. I have a question about that though. The internet says the stock 2016 LC wheels are 8" wide, but this chart says the max width for 8" wheels is 245mm. What am I missing here? I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding on my part since this is the first vehicle where I'm actually modifying in a real way.

Eventually, I plan on putting some wheels on them if I get a 18x9 wheel, at a very coarse level (I'll consult the spreadsheet), would these tires work with a 18x9 wheel?

Hi y'all! I'm receiving delivery of my first Land Cruiser a week from today and I'm understandably excited. The tread on the current tires isn't looking so hot, so I've convinced the missus that we need to put KO2s on it :p

Following the advice of this thread, I plan on buying the KO2s in 285/65/R18 and putting them on the stock wheels. I have a question about that though. The internet says the stock 2016 LC wheels are 8" wide, but this chart says the max width for 8" wheels is 245mm. What am I missing here? I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding on my part since this is the first vehicle where I'm actually modifying in a real way.

Eventually, I plan on putting some wheels on them if I get a 18x9 wheel, at a very coarse level (I'll consult the spreadsheet), would these tires work with a 18x9 wheel?

That chart is seriously whacked - beware the internet, it's full of BS.

When in doubt, I usually try the manufacturer's web site first for info. If you go to the BFG web site for the KO2 tires (BFG KO2's), you will find the following info about the LT285/65R18 tires:

BFG_rimw.jpg

Please note the acceptable rim width range which includes your current 8" rims as well as any 9" rims you may use in the future.

HTH

That chart is seriously whacked - beware the internet, it's full of BS.

When in doubt, I usually try the manufacturer's web site first for info. If you go to the BFG web site for the KO2 tires (BFG KO2's), you will find the following info about the LT285/65R18 tires:

Please note the acceptable rim width range which includes your current 8" rims as well as any 9" rims you may use in the future.

HTH

Ah got it - I didn't realize the internet could be that wrong. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Looking for confirmation that the wheel tire setup I am planning on will work for my stock 2015 LX570.

I understand based on this forum/thread that I will need to trim the front mud flaps and possibly the center of the front outer edge of the wheel wells. Is this correct? Will the 17” wheel clear my brake calipers ok?? Appreciate any insight.

I am looking at the Method NV 305’s in 17” with 25 off set. I am also looking at 285/75R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s. (33.7” I believe)

PFA, thanks!

E55F4157-C7C1-429B-AC5C-4E68BA19758B.png

Looking for confirmation that the wheel tire setup I am planning on will work for my stock 2015 LX570.

I understand based on this forum/thread that I will need to trim the front mud flaps and possibly the center of the front outer edge of the wheel wells. Is this correct? Will the 17” wheel clear my brake calipers ok?? Appreciate any insight.

I am looking at the Method NV 305’s in 17” with 25 off set. I am also looking at 285/75R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s. (33.7” I believe)

PFA, thanks!

View attachment 2348490
Should be good to go. Running similar spec Icons on my truck.

I'm looking for a 17 inch wheel for an LX570 that is:
  • Understated (simple, probably black, no fake beadlock)
  • Light weight
  • Fits without modifications
So I went to the Icon wheels site and found the vector 5 (link), which seems perfect except according to Icon it does not fit on an LC200. Which is weird because their Rebound wheel (link) supposedly does fit, and it has the (almost) exact same specs. 2 screenshots from the Icon product listing pages on top of each other:

iconwheels.png

Icon Rebound (fits) on the top, Icon Vector 5 (does not fit) on the bottom.

The "load" is the only difference in these specs, but they both seem pretty high load to me though I can't find actual LX570 wheel load requirements.

Am I missing something here, and is there another reason I the Icon Vector 5s won't work?

Last edited:
I'm looking for a 17 inch wheel for an LX570 that is:
  • Understated (simple, probably black, no fake beadlock)
  • Light weight
  • Fits without modifications
So I went to the Icon wheels site and found the vector 5 (link), which seems perfect except according to Icon it does not fit on an LC200. Which is weird because their Rebound wheel (link) supposedly does fit, and it has the (almost) exact same specs:

View attachment 2348548
Icon Rebound (fits) on the top, Icon Vector 5 (does not fit) on the bottom.

The "load" is the only difference in these specs, but they both seem pretty high load to me though I can't find actual LX570 wheel load requirements.

Am I missing something here, and is there another reason I the Icon Vector 5s won't work?
Proceed. On several trucks already.

Good to know they fit, but I still wonder about that weight rating, or whatever else Icon thinks is the reason Vector 5 should not be on an LC.

@1world1love I noticed you have the Vector 5: any insight into this?

I’m not sure what source you are referencing, but the Vector 5s (5x150) are pretty much made for the 200 series, as are the rebound 5x150s.

The weight is 2750, same as the rebounds. No issues whatsoever. I was looking for exactly the kind of wheel you are and the vector’s have been perfect for me.

Good to know they fit, but I still wonder about that weight rating, or whatever else Icon thinks is the reason Vector 5 should not be on an LC.

@1world1love I noticed you have the Vector 5: any insight into this?

I have the Icon Vector 5 on my '15 LC. They fit perfectly and have had zero issues with about 2K miles on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom