200 Series tech and classifieds. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nobody wants OMEs anymore....Too many people saying bad things about them I guess.

Love driving the 200...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424496162.792908.jpg

As usual it is Emissions BS. Secondary Air injection pumps (2) and the emissions control valve.

I guess in the new cars they don't let you run around with that stuff broke. Went into limp mode. Perfect timing. Now taking a rental home for christmas.

What were the symptoms of the pump failure?

I am getting a bit of oil burn on cold starts sometimes, and if it is an early symptom, I may want to figure something out before I have any real problems.

Nobody wants OMEs anymore....Too many people saying bad things about them I guess.

OME is the s***. They take a pounding on our 80 series and have always done fine for the price. The sets we have installed on the 100 series have been working out great.

The set we installed on the 200 worked great as well. The couple sets of Iron Man standard shocks systems we have done so far have been great as well. Ready to try some foam filled shocks on some peoples trucks and see how they are.

Different strokes for different folks but in my world OME is tits.

OME is the ****. They take a pounding on our 80 series and have always done fine for the price. The sets we have installed on the 100 series have been working out great.

The set we installed on the 200 worked great as well. The couple sets of Iron Man standard shocks systems we have done so far have been great as well. Ready to try some foam filled shocks on some peoples trucks and see how they are.

Different strokes for different folks but in my world OME is tits.

I agree. I beat the hell out of the OME on my truck and to date no sagging springs.

Isn't Ironman a Chinese knock off of OME?

Say what you want, but check out the 200 section. Lots of unhappy OME customers. I think they just didn't hit their usual stride with the 200. People say that are too stiff.

I'll pass on the 200 section I'd prefer not to pull my hair out reading about mindless mods. More than likely people just get used to the plush squishy ride and that's why they dislike OME. I prefer to form my own opinion than spend hours researching what others dislike. Don't know why I sometimes wander over here as I will probably never own a 200 because I think they are hideous plastic Highlander looking things but that's just my opinion. Hell I can't even make the swap from an 80 to a 100. I've had an lx470 since June and it just sits in the shop with 1/4" of dust on it. Rant over Carry on

Last edited:
I will second that when my truck was llllloooooaaadddded up (70gal fuel, transmission and transfer and a bunch of random) in Cali it rode like a cadillac. Now not so much.

What were the symptoms of the pump failure?

I am getting a bit of oil burn on cold starts sometimes, and if it is an early symptom, I may want to figure something out before I have any real problems.

It went into Limp mode. No trying to figure it out. Car won't go above 50 or mph with dash looking like a Xmas tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom