200 Series steering wheel start up whine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On start up the steering makes this horrible whine. Doesn't make sound when turning, Motor seems to work fine, doesn't make sound while telescoping, just the up and down movements. Before I start digging in I wanted to reach out to the interwebs to see if anyone else has dealt with this.

I haven't deal with it but mine started doing it just the other day when it was bitter cold, it has gone away now that it has warmed back up.

I haven't deal with it but mine started doing it just the other day when it was bitter cold, it has gone away now that it has warmed back up.
Yea, definitely worse when cold.

Think I got it. Took the column cover off and there is the main joint. Kinda looks like a u joint, and then a threaded rod thingy. Greased both and seems to have addressed it.

Don't know what grease you're supposed to use but I used my park tool green grease.
IMG_3429.jpeg
IMG_3428.jpeg

White lithium from a tube is probably the best bet, but park is good enough you probably won’t have any more issues.

Thank you for posting this. I was looking all over after my purchase 2 weeks ago from GA. I also live in NC and it started doing this 2 wks ago. I will try and remedy this tomorrow with your post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom