200 series roof rack question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hello, roof rack question. I am in process of getting this from a overseas shop. I am pretty sure it should fit but wanted to ask:

1) If the mounting brackets for all 200 series editions the same 2008 to 2021.
2) If all the 200 series globally also have the same roof rack mounting brackets.

I plan to put this on my 2016 and in future will put it on a 2011

IMG_9933.jpeg

IMG_9934.jpeg

IMG_9935.jpeg

IMG_9936.jpeg

In the USA all 200 LCs had the same rack and that rack fits all US 200 LX and LCs. I put a 2021 LC rack on my 2010 LX.
I don’t know about global models but can’t imagine they are different.

Gen 3 LX with the shiny single narrow rail don’t have the nut plates in place and require the headliner to be dropped to access the underside of the bolts.
All the lx and tlc have the same 4 mount points (2 holes per mount point) on each side; total of 8 mount points.
Peruse a couple threads regarding how to back the bolts out and reinsert into the nut plates so you don’t get a spinner.

Gen 3 LX with the shiny single narrow rail don’t have the nut plates in place and require the headliner to be dropped to access the underside of the bolts.
All the lx and tlc have the same 4 mount points (2 holes per mount point) on each side; total of 8 mount points.
Peruse a couple threads regarding how to back the bolts out and reinsert into the nut plates so you don’t get a spinner.
Good stuff. Best way to not get a spinner is to alternate between the 2 bolts when removing, using a ratchet. Best way to screw this up is to remove one bolt completely with an impact driver, then start the next one. go ahead, ask me how I know lol. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom