200-series at the dragstrip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok so I'm sitting in line, waiting to got on the track. Unfortunately someone dumped oil all over the left lane and they're now trying to clean it off.

My son tried to pull a fast one on me, he showed up with this:

PXL_20210616_222056685.jpg

Ya I'm not racing against that. But the joke is on him, he got disqualified since he wasn't wearing a leather jacket (I wish I was joking).

Will let you know how I do, if we ever get to race

This feels like the worst and best thred ever. The have a term that translates to 'accident tourism' (kind of like rubber-necking), and I'm having those feel reading this. Obviously, pressing refresh every 3.5 seconds. Via con carne, amigo.

Ok so I'm sitting in line, waiting to got on the track. Unfortunately someone dumped oil all over the left lane and they're now trying to clean it off.

My son tried to pull a fast one on me, he showed up with this:

View attachment 2705556

Ya I'm not racing against that. But the joke is on him, he got disqualified since he wasn't wearing a leather jacket (I wish I was joking).

Will let you know how I do, if we ever get to race
Come on Man, sounds weak you mean he couldn't get a fellow racer to loan him a jacket for a 13 second run? Those BMW's will fool a bunch of people especially if he drops the tupperware bags.

First run was not great, 16.1 @ 88 mph. Ran in D.

Waiting for another run now, very busy night.

Guys out here dragging snow mobiles!

Hope you've got someone videoing your 200 making a pass

I wanna see a 4 wheel burnout to heat up the tires too haha

Wow, I shoulda listened to @CharlieS

Last run, got her going pretty good, making the 2-3 shift, when suddenly BANG something in the tranny let go. Total loss of power, engine hits the limiter. Then the engine started knocking REALLY bad. Oh man... big cloud of blue smoke. I think at this point the driveshaft fell off the back of the transfer, cause it pogo'd the truck over, I think I rolled 3 times. Geez those airbags make a loud noise when they go off.... phone got tossed out and crushed, so no photos, sorry.

Actually none of that happened. Truck is totally fine, just a thin layer of oil and schmoo all over the tailgate that the tires kicked up.

First run, TRAC off, PWR on, trans in D, I rev'd up to about 2000 rpm, standing on the brakes, then let her rip at the green, never lifted. I'm #962.

PXL_20210617_023848286.jpg

Second run, same settings, except this time I started in S2 and manually shifted. I wasn't very smooth at it, shifted kinda early.

PXL_20210617_023904625.jpg

Third run, same thing, but I was better at shifting. I really didn't like how it reacted, it was taking too long to shift. Maybe it knew better than I did? Anyway, not as good.

PXL_20210617_023922985.jpg

This truck is a pig, that's all there is to it. Too much weight. I gassed up on Sunday night, and stupidly forgot about tonight and filled the tank with 87 regular. More weight.

But we had a BLAST. Lots of cars, all types, even some drag bikes. I know there's video, but I don't have it yet. Will post if I can.

I think if the drag strip included a log, some washboard, some big rocks, some snow, then 30” of water, then the pavement, and you had to it 100 times, the LC would win.
This is the right vibe. Also the comment about keeping the rtt open. LOL

So what did your son buy for dinner ? Which pass was the slow mobile ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom