200 Series 2nd Row Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anybody reported back to Brad so he can update his application table on the site?
I haven’t. I did send an email reporting a glitch with a payment method he uses but no response..

Hi all, I have just removed my middle row seats (2017 LC200 Sahara) and I purchased some 2 ohm 1/4 watt resistors from Jaycar and followed above instructions. Pushed in, taped up, started car, then solid red airbag light on dash appeared (wouldn’t go away after startup). Removed resistors and checked they were pushed in far enough. I had originally cut down the stems as per above pics that others advised, i used 2 x new ones which I hadn’t trimmed down just to make sure I had pushed into the female terminals fully, taped up, started car again and airbag light on again solid. Not sure what to do here, I do have techstream on a laptop though but unsure if this can help me to remove? I also have an Ultraguage but no codes come up on it.

Incorrect information: The resistors are directional. Did you try flipping them around?

Airbag codes can be cleared with most readers.

Last edited:
Resistors shouldn’t be directional. I know I’m not careful about the orientation when I use mine and I’ve never had a related light.

Resistors shouldn’t be directional. I know I’m not careful about the orientation when I use mine and I’ve never had a related light.
Thanks, I'll correct my post.

Hi all, I have just removed my middle row seats (2017 LC200 Sahara) and I purchased some 2 ohm 1/4 watt resistors from Jaycar and followed above instructions. Pushed in, taped up, started car, then solid red airbag light on dash appeared (wouldn’t go away after startup). Removed resistors and checked they were pushed in far enough. I had originally cut down the stems as per above pics that others advised, i used 2 x new ones which I hadn’t trimmed down just to make sure I had pushed into the female terminals fully, taped up, started car again and airbag light on again solid. Not sure what to do here, I do have techstream on a laptop though but unsure if this can help me to remove? I also have an Ultraguage but no codes come up on it.
Did you disconnect battery before unplugging?

I finally removed the 60% second row, headed out to telluride next week. I have a feeling I will never reinstall it. I did disconnect the neg cable before i started, I had some carpet pieces I covered up the exposed areas and just put the hardware back to hold them in place and prevent me from losing them. I used Brad’s Hack plug, just like the clean more secure idea of the plug. No light, looking forward to the extra space.
B0901FD9-3798-49BD-8C33-84B5E26C1B9D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom