2/79 40 square 4 bolt companion pinion flange rear differential (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Post in the wanted section of the MUD classifieds, I'm sure there are some out there.

To put some tech in to this thread you need to look for a flange off a 1/78-8/84. 1/78 is when I show the the fine spline pinion started. 8/84 is when the bolt pattern on the flange changed.

We definitely have them @ Cruiser Outfitters.

Now, the 1979 pattern is NOT square, the late 6x and later went to the square.

We have flanges for all here: Cruiser Outfitters

Flange patterns are here: Cruiser Outfitters

To put some tech in to this thread you need to look for a flange off a 1/78-8/84. 1/78 is when I show the the fine spline pinion started. 8/84 is when the bolt pattern on the flange changed.
My replacement 3 member came from a 78. It has a circle flange. My drive shaft does NOT line up to the holes. I could double drill the flange ( like the ones at C.O but I’d rather have the OEM square faced flange that came as original equipment

My replacement 3 member came from a 78. It has a circle flange. My drive shaft does NOT line up to the holes. I could double drill the flange ( like the ones at C.O but I’d rather have the OEM square faced flange that came as original equipment

We have used rectangle OE flanges too, just need to know what pattern you in fact need. 78 and 79 would have both been the 68.5x60mm w/11mm bolt.

You most likely have a fine spline pinion but I would remove the nut and washers and verify for 100% it is a fine spline. I see on a diagram shows the fine spline started 7/78. Looking online I see 1/78 as the start date in multiple locations. Would just be sure you know what is on your used diff first thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom