1VD-FTV vs 1HD-T (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If cost is a factor. Maintenance cost on the 1Hx is less then 1VD.

Also the 1Hx is more forgiving against bad fuel compared to the 1VD. So if you fill up with bad fuel in Tunisia. you can sort out your mechanical fuel pump a lot easier than your EFI 1VD pump.

You have a good problem. Either way, you should be good.

Back in 2016 we did a transafrica tour with a KDJ95 without any issues. But we always took a lot of care to take good gas stations... i think about the forgiveness about bad fuel quality 1KD and 1VD might be comparable?

I'm not sure on the 1KD. But I know that the 1VD is very sensitive to bad fuel. The reason Toyota didn't make it available to Africa is because of fuel quality. They knew that fuel will cause a lot of warranty claims so they kept the 1Hz alive just for that Continent.

hi,to my knowledge the 1VD-FTV is no longer available in Europe due to anti pollution regulations, might be different for Switzerland ?
a part from this , if you use it in Europe or where the Is good quality fuel , it is a very good choice .
but if you intent to go in North Africa countries , or in iffy quality fuel places I world stay away from that motor.
much to risky !
also others have highlited this issue .
whynot consider THE New 2,8 L version motor ?

hi,to my knowledge the 1VD-FTV is no longer available in Europe due to anti pollution regulations, might be different for Switzerland ?
a part from this , if you use it in Europe or where the Is good quality fuel , it is a very good choice .
but if you intent to go in North Africa countries , or in iffy quality fuel places I world stay away from that motor.
much to risky !
also others have highlited this issue .
whynot consider THE New 2,8 L version motor ?
You'll have the same fuel concerns with this as the 1VD

The 2.8 L motor has 204 CV and more tourque then the HDT !
I think 500 Nm ??
But it has been extensively tested in Africa on the Hilux , with very good results in terms of fuel efficiency, long life , bad fuel resistant .
The new 70 series will be equipped also with this motor !
I personally think the 2.8 L will not be as resilient as the HDT , but it is a very good power train 🚂

yes these are just numbers but first of all the 1VD and the 1HD can both easily be tuned to reliable 300 hp (and my 1HD-T has about 750nm...)

and the older bigger engines have a lot of better performance in the lower RPMs....

life is not always about numbers....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom