SOLD 1HD Short Block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1HD short block for sale. Needs a rebuild. Looks like it's been rebuilt once before a while ago.
$950 plus shipping costs. Block is located near Salt Lake City, Utah.

Parts-13.jpg
Parts-14.jpg

Parts-16.jpg
Parts-18.jpg

I'll have the cylinder head that came on this block in about a week if you're interested in getting both.

I also have a steering box. It was working when I removed it. Probably could do with a rebuild. It's similar to PN #44110-60212
$750 plus shipping.
Parts-11.jpg

I have additional parts as well. PM for photos

Engine insulators for the 1HD (I believe these will also work on a 1HZ, 1FZF, 1FZFE, & 1HDFT) Brand spanking new.
$110 plus shipping

I have a brand new oil cooler cover for the 1HDTFE and 1HZ and I'll throw in the oil cooler that was pulled off the old block.
$115 plus shipping

Oil filter filter receiver for above oil cooler cover
$8 plus shipping.

8 brand new valve lifters. PN #13751-54010 TZK
$55 plus shipping

2 oil return pipes for 1HD-T
$5 a piece plus shipping

An old alternator that came off my 80 series that works intermittently. Make me an offer.

@spanishforjorge is this from the the/your Maltec 80 that gave up the ghost? Seems like there were some issues with that engine and potential buyers may want a little more information or history on it before purchase. GLWS

@spanishforjorge is this from the the/your Maltec 80 that gave up the ghost? Seems like there were some issues with that engine and potential buyers may want a little more information or history on it before purchase. GLWS
The engine didn’t give up the ghost. The issues with the short block are that it clearly needs to be rebuilt to be top notch again. I honestly don’t know what else to say. It’s needs new pistons for sure. Looks like there was water damage in the motor. From what I’m told, it’s nothing a rebuild won’t address.

I'll step in to assist Jorge with the technicals:

The block itself is a very good core block.

The pistons have been replaced at some point in the past since they are .50mm over. So some rebuilding was definitely done in the past. But the time frame and mileage are unknown. The piston tops are damaged so they would need to be replaced. The bores look decent. But since they have been over-bored they most likely will need at least a clean-up hone. The BEBs looked decent so they were replaced at some point in the past as well. Again, mileage or time frame are unknown. I did not check the mains at this point because it was obviously the "rebuild" that was done was done poorly and at that point Jorge wanted to begin anew.

Cleanliness was not high on the rebuild. It was a slam bam thank you ma'am rebuild IMO. The coolant jacket was nasty and the oil cooler housing was nasty as well.

So, a lot of the history of the block is unknown. But at $950 for a buildable short block is a great price IMO.

The pistons have been replaced at some point in the past since they are .50mm over. So some rebuilding was definitely done in the past. But the time frame and mileage are unknown. The piston tops are damaged so they would need to be replaced. The bores look decent. But since they have been over-bored they most likely will need at least a clean-up hone. The BEBs looked decent so they were replaced at some point in the past as well. Again, mileage or time frame are unknown. I did not check the mains at this point because it was obviously the "rebuild" that was done was done poorly and at that point Jorge wanted to begin anew.

Cleanliness was not high on the rebuild. It was a slam bam thank you ma'am rebuild IMO. The coolant jacket was nasty and the oil cooler housing was nasty as well.

So, a lot of the history of the block is unknown. But at $950 for a buildable short block is a great price IMO.
How far over can you bore the pistons? 1mm?

Thank you, Mr Onur!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom