1FZFE exhaust 2.5" or 3" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, my current exhaust is falling apart and despite numerous efforts to weld it it keeps cracking. Bottom line I think its time to change it, and have a couple of questions.
1 - What is the diameter of the original/factory exhaust,
2 - Does it make sense to increase its diameter if normally aspirated and no turbo?
3-is it worth the extra money in investing in a stainless steel vs a regular ?

Hello everyone, my current exhaust is falling apart and despite numerous efforts to weld it it keeps cracking. Bottom line I think its time to change it, and have a couple of questions.
1 - What is the diameter of the original/factory exhaust,
2 - Does it make sense to increase its diameter if normally aspirated and no turbo?
3-is it worth the extra money in investing in a stainless steel vs a regular ?
C6226D9A-DC16-4E75-BC94-3C533B498DEC.jpeg

Stainless is obviously going to last longer, bit will cost you 30% more in materials cost.
Stainless exhaust tends to be a bit noisier. Mild steel is better at absorbing high frequency resonance.
If you're in a dry environment, and not driving on salted roads, ocean beaches, or regularly in mud, use aluminised steel (same as OEM) it'll be good for another 20+ years

Stainless is obviously going to last longer, bit will cost you 30% more in materials cost.
Stainless exhaust tends to be a bit noisier. Mild steel is better at absorbing high frequency resonance.
If you're in a dry environment, and not driving on salted roads, ocean beaches, or regularly in mud, use aluminised steel (same as OEM) it'll be good for another 20+ years
Makes sense ...thanks, and I will stick to the OEM diameter

OEM Exhaust on these is 409SS.

It will surface rust, and will degrade due to heat over time.

Can use 304SS to replace sections.

Can also buy Magnaflow SS replacement down-pipe w/ cats' in the USA, not sure about Beirut.

Stay w/ OEM size because any computer controls are set based on back-pressure of current size. The computer controlled fuel injections compensates and will be confused if there is less resistance in the exhaust because the airflow rates are different.

Had the same issue with mine a while back. After many welds and cracks on the Y-pipe, I replaced it with a Borla exhaust SS system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom