1FZ-FE The Big Overheating Experiment. TESTED SOLVED!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, Which TYC fits the 1991 ? 1918 says it doesn’t fit. Thanks, Mike

Hi, Which TYC fits the 1991 ? 1918 says it doesn’t fit. Thanks, Mike
Amazon told me the same for my '94, but it fit with no problem. If your upper and lower radiator hoses are in the same place and your tranny fluid connections are the same, I would go for the 1918.

Thanks, Anyone running the 1918 on a 1991 or 1992.? Thanks, Mike

I have this exact situation with 90-100+F ambient (32-37.6+C)
What is your SPAL part #?

The only time I see it getting hotter is after long highway drive when i stop it will go up 3C and if it will idle it will cool itself for those situations I turn the second pusher SPAL fan

View attachment 2036537

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm having an overheating problem with my '96. I've installed the blue hub fan clutch and replaced the water pump. About to pick up a TYC 1918 radiator and new thermostat.

But I'm having trouble figuring out where to buy and what to buy when it comes to the higher viscosity fan clutch fluid. I want to go with 30k some folks from Arizona said they run. I don't know much about the stuff so I can't tell if I'm looking at the right stuff. Thanks in advance!

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm having an overheating problem with my '96. I've installed the blue hub fan clutch and replaced the water pump. About to pick up a TYC 1918 radiator and new thermostat.

But I'm having trouble figuring out where to buy and what to buy when it comes to the higher viscosity fan clutch fluid. I want to go with 30k some folks from Arizona said they run. I don't know much about the stuff so I can't tell if I'm looking at the right stuff. Thanks in advance!
Buy from a hobby store whether in your area or on line.

@Stevie96Cruiser this what I used

Team Associated 5457 Silicone Differential Fluid, 30000CST
But before I will do it again, I would get a set of Japaness Screwdrivers this is not Philips screws, You will screw the screws :bounce:

I would contact @NLXTACY and get New Oring and spear screws just in case, sometimes the Oring does not fit back it is too long
I had to use desperate measures like impact Philips screwdriver and cut the Oring short and use crazy glue that's because I Iive in an uncivilized part of the world and @NLXTACY is so far away, Funny it is holding OK until today

So, the only thing that you haven't touched is the Tstat and possibly a head gasket issue. It's summer, so can you remove the Tstat and see if that has any impact? Are you boiling over or simply hitting the 220deg+ with the a/c running?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom