SOLD 1998 Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Alamogordo, New Mexico 88310 United States
Mileage
Color
Tan
Very hesitant to post this🫤

•Toyota Quicksand
•Rear locker

All within the last 3k miles
•New OEM UCAs, LCAs, rear links and panhard
•Diff drop Ironman 2” (not installed, but will if preference of buyer dictates)
•Ironman shocks
•OEM diff bushings
•OEM drive flanges and OEM rebuilt CVs (not installed, currents are still good)
•OEM timing kit and pump
•Passenger side valve cover gasket (driver side not leaking, but included in sale)
•New Toyota battery
•New Goodyear wrangler ATs
•New OEM rear rotors, pads and driver side caliper

•Transmission shifts perfectly
•Engine runs excellent, uses no oil between changes

Some minor interior rattles

I have to be missing some things. A YouTube video will tie everything together.

A little back story. Several years ago we were contracted to buy 400 calves a year on our ranch in central NM. A little more than a year ago it worked well for both parties to split. We leased out the ranch, sold all the pickups, stock trailers, flatbeds, tractors, etc, and reluctantly moved to town where I was quickly hired on at a local PD as a sergeant….boredom set in quickly as shift work leaves a guy too much freedom, IMHO. I had this 100 which I happen to love and decided to make a project of it and build my dream 100….as of yesterday, 12/20/23 an opportunity has come up to possibly take on another place and get more cows and possibly some sheep. If we go head long back into ranching, the LC is flat out not practical for us and sadly has to go😔. I have way more into it than it’s currently worth and as much as it breaks my heart, I’d need to let it go.

Onto the details. Primarily interested in trade for a 4wd pickup, gas, diesel, doesn’t really matter though I prefer gas. Cash wise, I’d be willing to do $13.5k😬…I’m into it for over $10k just in baseline maintenance and Toyota OEM parts, not including paint and body, new OEM spares sitting in boxes and initial purchase of the cruiser. I’m negotiable and flexible and trade, I find makes it easier to swallow loss.

With an exceedingly stout budget, I was preparing this for the Pan American Highway trip I’ve been dreaming about for years, so reliability was my focus, while making it look decent cosmetically. Resale was never a factor for me. Needless to say, it doesn’t need much more.

In the next day or so I will make a detailed YouTube video of everything I’ve done and everything I feel it needs (pretty much cosmetics only)…

Please PM for offline discussion and contact information. If you’re not seriously interested, please respect my time and yours.

Thank you and have a blessed day.

IMG_1452.jpeg

Things I forgot to mention…and I’m sure there’s more yet I’m forgetting 😅

All parts listed are new, Toyota OEM

• fan clutch
• fan
• radiator (had I the foresight, I would’ve spent less for an aluminum one)
• tie rod links front and rear
• steering rack bushings
• tie rod end links

New windshield (aftermarket)

On my list of to do for preventative maintenance, which I can work with a prospective buyer on.

• heater T’s
• rebuild brake master
• front rotors and pads
• I’m sure there’s one or two more rings escaping me at the moment.

The engine bay could benefit from a decent wash, but it’s all there.

IMG_1496.jpeg

IMG_1497.jpeg

I don’t know why the lack of interest, confusing to be sure. Maybe poor description, who knows. Rust free, solid rig with $15k invested in fresh base line maintenance in addition to new paint. While the color may be subjective, I feel it’s tasteful….at any rate I really didn’t want to sell it anyways. Apart from an individual I’m discussing a possible trade for a Tacoma, I’m happy to keep it. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom