eBay 1997 LX450 Triple Locked, Lifted, Armor, Roof Rack, 172k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 Lexus LX Base Sport Utility 4-Door | eBay

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
John

20170414_103202.jpg

I have a question - what is the reserve?

LOL, I was going to include that comment where I say "what is the reserve is not a question I answer"

That would be nice, but I expect to get what the market brings, simple as that. Keep it about the listing please, I know it's difficult, but I believe in the Mud community.

Looks great. Appears you've had it a year and sprayed the undercarriage recently. What's the previous ownership history. Birfs? Head gasket?

Looks great. Appears you've had it a year and sprayed the undercarriage recently. What's the previous ownership history. Birfs? Head gasket?
Front axles were serviced by previous owner right before purchase. I confirmed and it did look freshly worked on. Head gasket is still up for question, previous owner said it was done during his ownership but did not show any documentation. There is no rust on the truck, it is a CA truck and not hiding anything. I usually undercoat all my rigs, you can see an example on my '96 which I have a build thread here on mud. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,
John

Having sold three 80's, all built, I think I can say the days of them fetching big money are long gone. If you want to sell it, man up and name a price. Many of us do not buy fromebay and fewer like to play games with our money.

Having sold three 80's, all built, I think I can say the days of them fetching big money are long gone. If you want to sell it, man up and name a price. Many of us do not buy fromebay and fewer like to play games with our money.
Thanks for your input. Going to man down for now and see what ebay brings. Not in a rush to sell because of an addiction. Your money is safe.:rofl:

Nice truck. GLWS. Im personally hoping beige metallic makes a comeback. I think when they are lifted with black wheels, black bumpers and tinted windows, beige metallic Cruisers/LXs look great.

Beige or Champagne?

GLWS. Looks great. As an 80 owner I hope you get top dollar. These rigs are getter more rare by the year and the price is going up just like it did on the 40s and 60s. I don't understand why some want to keep the value low. Some people are so short sided they would set themselves on fire to stay warm...

I say get all you can.

I posted in the classified section under the Ebay category because it was an auction type sale.
If I decide to sell at a certain cost then I would, however I was not even sure what to list for.
That is one reason why I did an auction type sale. I would also like to add that I really do not understand why people have such a hard time dealing with an auction. You see an item, you bid what you think is right, you don't win, move on. Its simple.
I see people like ^^^Schattenjager post these types of comments all the time and it boggles me.
I have purchased many vehicles over the years and many of times I simply reach out to the seller and put I price on the item that I feel is fair.
You might sometimes get a response that you won't like, but in some cases I end up buying the vehicle and the seller ends the auction early.
Either way, that is my reason.
Small morning rant over,
John:)

He probably didn't post a price because it's his rig, this is America and he wanted to sell it via an auction. I truly enjoy this forum but in my experience people like to come to the classifieds and ridicule the price posted. As I mentioned above, there seems to be a trend of folks here wanting to keep the values low. As a seller, if you're smart you do your best to get the most possible.

I actually did share my reserve with potential buyers that put the time in to talk to me on the phone or even the 2 people that drove here to check it out in person.

@LouisianaRubicon Auctions used to be discouraged on this site and prices were either required or strongly encouraged.

This is, or rather used to be, a community of enthusiasts who helped each other, shared knowledge and experience and didn't take advantage of other users. I don't post here much anymore because things seem to be changing for the worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom