1997 LX450 key fob help (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PT39807100 - toyota Vip security system. Interior | Madera Toyota, Madera CA - https://parts.maderatoyota.com/p/Toyota__45L-AT/VIP-Security-System/69524379/PT39807100.html

Literally 60 bucks from Toyota. Worked with a 95 FZJ and a 96 LX. Seems like a lot of time is being wasted chasing cheap remote FOBs. And yes it will say it doesn't work for your vehicle.
Agreed, order placed at my local Toyota and fingers crossed. Too late to cancel that cheap ebay option, if that worked then it would serve as backup.

Agreed, order placed at my local Toyota and fingers crossed. Too late to cancel that cheap ebay option, if that worked then it would serve as backup.

That one that didn't work looks like a cheap toy!

The -022 one that I bought on eBay is actually really nice. I feel confident that you will have success with it as was a perfect match for my 1996 LX and it has a nice feel to it.

PT39807100 - toyota Vip security system. Interior | Madera Toyota, Madera CA - https://parts.maderatoyota.com/p/Toyota__45L-AT/VIP-Security-System/69524379/PT39807100.html

Literally 60 bucks from Toyota. Worked with a 95 FZJ and a 96 LX. Seems like a lot of time is being wasted chasing cheap remote FOBs. And yes it will say it doesn't work for your vehicle.
Do the lock and unlock buttons work independently, or does the work like the original where 1 button does both?

I'd assume that's more of a function of the alarm vs the remote and the lock button does double duty and the unlock is not used. If unlock does work to unlock only, I'll buy one immediately.

Do the lock and unlock buttons work independently, or does the work like the original where 1 button does both?

I'd assume that's more of a function of the alarm vs the remote and the lock button does double duty and the unlock is not used. If unlock does work to unlock only, I'll buy one immediately.
It works like the original.

1997 LX450
Model: RS3000 (08190-00921)
FCC ID on ECU: BAB 237000-129

Confirming that I was successful in syncing Toyota OEM PT398-07100 with my LX450.

The aftermarket ebay remote also worked with my LX and quality isn't too bad for a backup, but I would recommend to get OEM as long as that's available!

Glad to hear that I was correct on the eBay one. Personally, I prefer the non-Toyota badged one as it's buttons are unlabeled. The Toyota one shows lock and unlock, but according to @fresnoLC, the unlock doesn't work. You just hit the lock button again to toggle between locked and unlocked...

Also, it's a petty thing, but my truck is a Lexus and the logo is Toyota...

Glad to hear that I was correct on the eBay one. Personally, I prefer the non-Toyota badged one as it's buttons are unlabeled. The Toyota one shows lock and unlock, but according to @fresnoLC, the unlock doesn't work. You just hit the lock button again to toggle between locked and unlocked...

Also, it's a petty thing, but my truck is a Lexus and the logo is Toyota...
I agree with you on the Toyota logo for a Lexus, wonder if there is equivalent part number that can be ordered with the Lexus logo.

Mine came without lock/unlock labels, just blank buttons. I could see how if they were labeled lock/unlock it would be a pita if you ever had someone else use the vehicle.

20220324_205503.jpg

Oh yeah... If it were unlabeled like that, and had a Lexus logo insteadof the sombrero, I'd be all over it...

Here is what is I thought it looked like:
OEM.jpg

Here is my eBay one:
Aftermarket.jpg

Here is the original Lexus one:

20220325_000435.jpg

I get the idiot of the day (maybe week, month, year) award. I have a LX450 and ordered PT398-07101, because I didn't read enough detail from the above posts. And, can confirm it doesn't work:bang:
original Fob is BAB237131-032.

I just ordered PT398-07100, fingers and toes crossed, it will do the trick:meh:

I need the screw that holds the fob case together for the OE LX 450 fob. Did Toyota offer a replacement screw and if so what is the part # .
Thanks

I need the screw that holds the fob case together for the OE LX 450 fob. Did Toyota offer a replacement screw and if so what is the part # .
Thanks

89759-02010

I get the idiot of the day (maybe week, month, year) award. I have a LX450 and ordered PT398-07101, because I didn't read enough detail from the above posts. And, can confirm it doesn't work:bang:
original Fob is BAB237131-032.

I just ordered PT398-07100, fingers and toes crossed, it will do the trick:meh:

If it works, can you let us know? And if at all possible, can you get the part number off your under seat alarm box similar to how I did? It'll let other people in the future know what part numbers works with what part numbers.

1997 LX450
Model: RS3000 (08190-00921)
FCC ID on ECU: BAB 237000-129

Confirming that I was successful in syncing Toyota OEM PT398-07100 with my LX450.

The aftermarket ebay remote also worked with my LX and quality isn't too bad for a backup, but I would recommend to get OEM as long as that's available!

Did you have to do anything special to get your ebay remote to sync? I tried to set one up on my '97 LX450 and it seems like it's working (security light flashes, LX makes the clicking sound, etc), but I can't get the dang thing to actually lock or unlock. I didn't have a problem doing this with another fob I got from cruiserdan 10+ years ago, but that fob broke and stopped working. I don't mind getting another Toyota fob, but hearing that the ebay remote worked on your '97 makes me wonder if I'll have the same problem with the Toyota OEM fob as well (I got my ebay remote from a different seller but it looks like the same part number BAB237131-022 RS3000)

Edit: I think I'm going to end up bypassing the old alarm and getting an installer to put in remote start for me. It would be nice to be able to easily run the car and the A/C in the summer when I have to run inside to use the bathroom on a road trip (for when I'm solo and the dog isn't allowed in stores or rest stops).

Edit 2: So what worked for me on the LX450 was programming the remote when the security light was solid red, before it started blinking red. I had been waiting to do the three second count as recommend by pretty much everyone BEFORE attemping to sync. What worked for me was keeping the underseat alarm module button depressed (using a thin screw driver, I could simultaneously keep the tiny green button pushed in and watch the security light on the dash) and syncing the remote when the security alarm light on the dash was solid red. Phew, that was annoying.

Last edited:
If it works, can you let us know? And if at all possible, can you get the part number off your under seat alarm box similar to how I did? It'll let other people in the future know what part numbers works with what part numbers.
OK, Finally received my second try at a replacement Fob...

IT WORKS!!!:cheers::beer::):):clap:

Toyota part number
PT398-07100

Hi Everyone, new here. I found and joined ih8mud because of this thread. So much great information shared.

My Vehicle: 1996 LX450 (no issues)
My Alarm: RS3000, 08190-00921, BAB237000-129, 237000-1291 (working)
My Fob: Original Lexus BAB237131-032 (working)

Because of the success had by the two other contributors in this thread, I have ordered this one and will report back:

This other one did not work for me despite the listing saying it's for LX450. (looks like the one that did not work for another LX450 owner in this thread)

I've attached a pic of my module, and a screenshot of the one that did not work for me. Hopefully the KeylessKing with the FCC ID discrepancy works for me too.

Cheers!

rs3000-1996-LX450.jpg

fob-no-work.jpg

Hi Everyone, new here. I found and joined ih8mud because of this thread. So much great information shared.

My Vehicle: 1996 LX450 (no issues)
My Alarm: RS3000, 08190-00921, BAB237000-129, 237000-1291 (working)
My Fob: Original Lexus BAB237131-032 (working)

Because of the success had by the two other contributors in this thread, I have ordered this one and will report back:

This other one did not work for me despite the listing saying it's for LX450. (looks like the one that did not work for another LX450 owner in this thread)

I've attached a pic of my module, and a screenshot of the one that did not work for me. Hopefully the KeylessKing with the FCC ID discrepancy works for me too.

Cheers!

Welcome and I hope that the remote works for you! It worked perfectly on my 1996 so I feel it will for you as well.

On a related note, if your buzzer no longer works, I'd recommend buying the OEM buzzer here:

It's a perfect replacement, and it's cheap...

I've been using a few of the ebay fobs for some years now and they work well for my '97 with factory alarm system. The little chain on both of the fobs broke pretty quickly though and I thought I'd give the heads up on that weakness and share the fix that I've used. I've replaced the flimsy chain with a short piece of paracord. Once tied on heat/melt the ends to help ensure it doesn't come untied.

20221109_124535.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom